Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Try osteobiflex. That is supposed be great for joints and is made specifically for weight lifters. Many Olympic lifters use it too.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think this would be a good bag for punches and kicks. Power lifter and being tall has left me with bad joints. I'm looking for a bag that won't hurt every time I punch it or kick it.
Aqua Punching Bags - Heavy Punching Bags - 6 Bags 7 Colors

Maybe see an Osteopath that recognises what you like to do. Maybe one with the knowledge of MA could help you tailor something to you're needs, including what type of bag and filling.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe see an Osteopath that recognises what you like to do. Maybe one with the knowledge of MA could help you tailor something to you're needs, including what type of bag and filling.
I'm not sure what country the OP is in, but I'll toss this into the free medical advice. See a physical therapist. I went to PT for a torn muscle in my right arm, and was reminded how much I don't know about strengthening support muscles and such. It may well be that a PT can help you minimize the pressure on those joints that are bothering you, and that's a long-term solution.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what country the OP is in, but I'll toss this into the free medical advice. See a physical therapist. I went to PT for a torn muscle in my right arm, and was reminded how much I don't know about strengthening support muscles and such. It may well be that a PT can help you minimize the pressure on those joints that are bothering you, and that's a long-term solution.

No doubt for those with normal injuries as it were. Personally bog standard PT is ok, but tends to be less personalised unless you are willing to stump up the cash for private. Mind you, I have to concede that in the UK with the NHS services, it still a very good thing to have at least have the basics. I.E., having a assessment on the NHS is like gold really. But yeah, good advice all the same fella. Long term solutions are really tricky, that is not to say I disagree with you, but personal scale is a sliding one, but I see what you mean by long term solution. Preventative action is something in my experience, not a lot of us take much notice of that.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw Bas Rutten's striking pad stand and it looked pretty good. It has a fake head, a small bag and taekwondo pads with it.

OP
P

psilent child

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It watched a video of a guy hitting it with a bat. It's seems to do pretty good against a bat,

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It watched a video of a guy hitting it with a bat. It's seems to do pretty good against a bat,
It's a matter of wear over time. I saw one burst while being kicked. It wasn't the first hard kick - it survived a few months before failing. It was an unholy mess in the corner of the dojo (had to lift mats, move equipment, dry carpet, etc.).

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a matter of wear over time. I saw one burst while being kicked. It wasn't the first hard kick - it survived a few months before failing. It was an unholy mess in the corner of the dojo (had to lift mats, move equipment, dry carpet, etc.).

Sounds like a pain in the ***.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do you guys think this would be a good bag for punches and kicks. Power lifter and being tall has left me with bad joints. I'm looking for a bag that won't hurt every time I punch it or kick it.
Aqua Punching Bags - Heavy Punching Bags - 6 Bags 7 Colors
Don't know about them, but I've had a Century water filled hanging bag for over 25 years, similar to this. We have unloaded on that bag hard enough to break the chain twice over the years, and it is
01 Now 2014-12-01 23.04.59.jpg

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice idea. So, are they stickers?
Yes. I got them in rolls of 50 from the local FastSigns. We alternated red and blue, so when I need to really spread them out, I can say get on a red star. Average life in the heavy traffic areas of the mat is about three months, then I have to put down a fresh star.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I got them in rolls of 50 from the local FastSigns. We alternated red and blue, so when I need to really spread them out, I can say get on a red star. Average life in the heavy traffic areas of the mat is about three months, then I have to put down a fresh star.
If I ever do kids classes again, I'm definitely stealing that idea. Heck, I may break in and steal your actual stickers. Then you'd have to replace them more frequently!

Latest Discussions