April in West Virginia

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Mr C will be at our place again the weekend of April 16.
Any of you that can make it out, start making plans.

Mr. C, bring at least three sets of Infinite Insights with you as there have been inquirys, please.....

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, and a very good trip so far!

Thursday and Friday nights class were good reviews. Thursday mostly went over the Yellow Belt material and made a few adjustments.

I was pleased with the overall improvement with the Yellow. Most knew the basic material once called out (1st Level of learning) and the general form that everyone demonstrated was improving!! I saw many good foot positions, good response time, good spirit etc. Of course there is always room for additional improvement! I made comments to each student on various areas of need and hope they will work on those areas.

Friday night....... more of the same except we did get to wander into Orange. Much the same as the day before. Several little adjustments and "tweaks", but again I was happy to see good improvement with most of the material. We did a few drills on blocking while punching and went into more detail on the "why we do" some of the basics the way we do.

Stances are still in need of attention, as well as kicking sharpness (Chad!!) details and articulation! All in all good work at this level by the lower ranks, upper ranks still need more dedication to training!

Dc
:ultracool

W

Waya_Adisi

During this trip you've mentioned practicing kenpo outside the school quite a bit. What would you recommend the allotted time outside of the school be, and what would it be spent practicing (drills, forms, techniques, etc.)?

~Thanks for a good trip!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Waya_Adisi said:
During this trip you've mentioned practicing kenpo outside the school quite a bit. What would you recommend the allotted time outside of the school be, and what would it be spent practicing (drills, forms, techniques, etc.)?
~Thanks for a good trip!
"Home work" is doing as much as you can fit into your schedule, outside of normal class, depending upon your interest and goals.

I usually tell my students (as a guide) to practice twice as much time at home on their material as they spend in class. For example..... if you spend 2 hours a week in class then 4 hours a week at home.

Practice on........ whatever you need! LOL most put time into their material and familiarization of moves that they learned, however lifting weights, streatching or other "drilling" is not a bad thing either.

:asian: