Anyone remember Biden?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did he die or something? Seems like he's rarely mentioned anymore.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/12/biden.palin/index.html

On Wednesday, Palin's staff told the press corps traveling with the governor her plane had become too heavy, and asked for volunteers to fly commercial.

There's plenty of room on Biden's plane. At one point this week, only six reporters climbed aboard. But they got one thing the press traveling with Palin didn't: access to the candidate.

Biden ambled back to talk with the press corps a few times a week. And these were not sound bites -- at one point, the notoriously talkative senator gave a 13-minute, 20-second response to a reporter's question on the situation in Iraq.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally... he's the reason I refuse to vote for Obama. Well... he cemented the decision for me.

Perhaps people started to swing that way, and they swept him under the rug as a result... Who knows.

Or maybe it's just more newsworthy to bash on Palin. Either way...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally... he's the reason I refuse to vote for Obama. Well... he cemented the decision for me.

Perhaps people started to swing that way, and they swept him under the rug as a result... Who knows.

Or maybe it's just more newsworthy to bash on Palin. Either way...
Y'know, I heard someone on the radio floating an idea that they'll run Biden for a while, then he'll "realize that he needs to step down for the good of the party" and they'll slide Hillary or someone else in there at the end.

Now, I'm not saying that I agree... but I could see either party pulling something like that.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
It would not be the first time that has happened on the federal level, as per Lautenberg being substituted for Torrichelli in the New Jersey Senate race... it worked, too.

But the tactic can backfire, too..... as many believe McGovern paid a price for first supporting Tom Eagleton "1000%" and then dumping him for Shriver.

More likely, Biden is just on ice for awhile after a couple of boners.... that used to happen to Hillary when she'd show her lizard side. She would be put in the cupboard 'til the uproar died down, re-invented, and set loose anew.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All the attention is on Gov. Palin this week. Why would the Dems. fight it, as there's plenty of negative attention too?

Give it time.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only time I've seen Biden in the news recently is this morning when a local news channel said that tickets to the upcoming McCain-Biden rally in Grand Rapids, MI were sold out.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My impression is that Palin is being given enough rope to hang herself. She kills me when she keeps insisting that something is just her "personal opinion." Hasn't anyone told her that politicians running for national office don't have "personal opinions?" Politicians have positions, not opinions.

Honestly, I can't imagine why anyone would want an extremist like her anywhere near the presidency.

As for Biden, as others have said, he's wise to let the fervor die down. I'm interested in the debates, both president and VP.

Latest Discussions