anyone heard of toushinkai?

M

MisterMike

Wow. What are the odds but I happend to cross that site today as well!

I think koka is another spelling for Koga.

Somewhere there they have pictures of the Koga museum.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This has been discussed before on another forum.

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=18746

Pay attention to what Kabutoki and Xavi say. My experience matches their's in regards to the "soke" in Japan. Go back to the site and see what kind of pictures seem to be missing from the guy who claims to have learned ninjutsu from Yunoki. In other words, no pictures of training. I think I have similar pictures of me with Yunoki in the back of my closet as well.

And the explination of "koka" can be found in the second paragraph of this article by some drunk in Japan. :drinkbeer

G

Genin Andrew

hmmm...interesting about that "koka" stuff. :rolleyes: also i noticed they spelt Sun Tzu's name wrong.Typo or poor research? If your going to claim to be a great ninja and expose a secret art you can at least spell things right,like the name of a legendary ancient chinese warrior/philosopher...just my opinion.

much respect
-andrew

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
This has been discussed before on another forum.

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=18746

Pay attention to what Kabutoki and Xavi say. My experience matches their's in regards to the "soke" in Japan. Go back to the site and see what kind of pictures seem to be missing from the guy who claims to have learned ninjutsu from Yunoki. In other words, no pictures of training. I think I have similar pictures of me with Yunoki in the back of my closet as well.

And the explination of "koka" can be found in the second paragraph of this article by some drunk in Japan. :drinkbeer
i went to the ebudo bulletin and it still doesn't say much. well i guess there is not much to say when there isn't much said. (did that make sense?)

i also went to your article. quite long but very informative. didn't know there was so much contreversy with fujito seiko.
thanks

G

Genin Andrew

I also took the time to read Dons essay on the Koga Ryu,its quite good and explains well the many viewpoints about the Koga ninja and how "legit" Fujita Seiko was.I think its a good example of how much controversy and misunderstanding exists with the ninja arts (obviously history didnt help).But thats what makes ninjutsu so great to study/practice.

W

Wasabi

Hello Everybody,

I hope you don't mind if I spend a few words about this school;

MisterMike, 'koka' is the right way to spell it as the kanji changed in 'ga' long after the ryu was developed. The name of the city itself is still spelled Koka.

Genin Andrew, Sun Tzu can be spelled in both ways 'Sun Tsu' or 'Sun Tzu' depending on the translator. Both ways are fine.

Don Roley, if pictures is what you want I believe you just have to ask.
This school is not a business machine as many others, not interested in advertisement and even less in filling up classes with students for $$.
The thread on e-budo is quite stupid and shallow as nobody actually contacted the school for information or explanations. I have read some of your articles and I thought you were a bit more mature in your studies.
It is quite disappointing to see many students from other schools acting like they were the real ultimate truth on earth, especially doing it behind people's back while honor and dignity are forgotten.
You may be doing your best, in your practice and in your studies...but this doesn't give the right to think that all the rest is silly.

With respect,
best regards.
Gio

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wasabi said:
MisterMike, 'koka' is the right way to spell it as the kanji changed in 'ga' long after the ryu was developed. The name of the city itself is still spelled Koka.
Interestingly enough, they claim to be a branch of "Koka Ninjutsu" originating in Shiga Prefecture. A quick search on Google turned up
this link , which was the only one I could find that did not link back to their site.

Jeff

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
"are you ready?... are you ready?... well lets get it on!" :jediduel:

wasabi/gio make sure you have all your facts straight before... well i'm sure we will all see how this turns out. *interesting, as i grab my long white beard*

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, the link I gave seems to be a ninja village (read theme park) that decided to start offering lessons. I wonder if they're even aware that these guys are advertising them as their "honbu dojo."

Jeff

W

Wasabi

...here we go....
Kreth, the link is right...
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ninja/
just one step back from yours, click on the 11th link below the pic (Ninjutsu Gakuen) and then on the 7th one (World's Branches)...and you ll have the
link back to the site. Couldn't find the info ? Not bad for a ninja.
May I suggest you to take up some Japanese classes ?...It helps.

Genin Andrew, keep breathing...it is good for the circulation.

Enson, we have got nothing to prove or to demonstrate to anyone...who likes it follow, who doesn't goes on with his way.

...and BTW, yes there is also a theme park but let's do not forget that Hatsumi has his one too
www.ninjavillage.com
of Togakure in Nakano, right were Hayes also took some pictures for his books ...maybe overlooking few kids playing around.
Maybe all these ninjas like to play around sometimes :)

All the best.
Gio'

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wasabi said:
...here we go....
Kreth, the link is right...
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ninja/
just one step back from yours, click on the 11th link below the pic (Ninjutsu Gakuen) and then on the 7th one (World's Branches)...and you ll have the
link back to the site. Couldn't find the info ? Not bad for a ninja.
May I suggest you to take up some Japanese classes ?...It helps.
No, I'm far from fluent in Japanese (very far), but if it smells like a fish...

...and BTW, yes there is also a theme park but let's do not forget that Hatsumi has his one too
www.ninjavillage.com
of Togakure in Nakano, right were Hayes also took some pictures for his books ...maybe overlooking few kids playing around.
Maybe all these ninjas like to play around sometimes :)
I guess the major difference is the village near Togakushi is advertised as a museum, and not a "honbu dojo." I've been there, it is purely for entertainment.

Jeff

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Wasabi said:
Enson, we have got nothing to prove or to demonstrate to anyone...who likes it follow, who doesn't goes on with his way.

All the best.
Gio'
gio since you are new you haven't seen that i will be the least to oppose you and your style. i just say be sure on what you are saying before you say it. some people are like surgical knives with their words and will cut up what you say in little pieces. i am always doing yahoo searches trying to find other ninjutsu styles out there. keep it up.

by the way that girl is kinda pretty. does she have a name?;) (j/k)
peace

G

Genin Andrew

Wasabi,

On the Toushinkai website on the information page there is a small photo of a bundle of scrolls. Are these scrolls real? ie. specific to the Koka Rya Ninjutsu school or is it just a random picture of scrolls? just curious.

One more question, Is there any history on Grandmaster Yunoki? There is a lot of writing about his take on history but none of himself or how he was trained in ninjutsu and by who...just wondering whether you knew anything more?

much respect
-andrew

W

Wasabi

Hi,

I am not sure about the scrolls in the picture, most probably it is the Rodanshu, from Takeda Ninpo.

About Yunoki Sensei there is a book about to be published in Japanese (hopefully later translated in English) on the genealogy of the Koka families in the region. It contains several original documents showing the relations between the local groups and the development of ninjutsu.
Maybe you could write directly to Toushinkai to get more detailed information.

Dear Enson, yes I noticed that many people are like surgical knives and this is pretty sad. All these disputes between schools at the end are only damaging the image of ninjutsu itself. Maybe in a more optimistic future we will see more cooperation and less business around this art.

All the best,

Gio

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wasabi said:
All these disputes between schools at the end are only damaging the image of ninjutsu itself. Maybe in a more optimistic future we will see more cooperation and less business around this art.

All the best,

Gio

Gio...

Unfortunatly, with the sheer volume of, er, well... Fruads that jumped out of the woodwork in the 80's claiming to be ninja instructors, the damage to the image of ninjutsu was already done, and the disputes between schools continue because most of the people still capitalizing on the name, regardless of their legitimacy, simply take the stand of "Oh, I'm for real all right, I dont need to prove it, MY ninjutsu branch is a big ol secret!!!" and then it does not take long for someone to question that...

It's good to know these guys ( Sensei Yunoki and his bunch) are making their history availible for verification, it helps add legitimacy to their claim.

W

Wasabi

Hi Technopunk,

Believe me I know what you are talking about...I have been practicing martial arts for 25 years...it is not that much but quite enough to get an idea on what is going on. Claims of learning from the ghost of Hattori Hanzo, aliens, secret yamabushi met by chance in some remote mountain while fishing....the list is long.

On the other hand, ninjutsu is a wonderful experience which should be shared among those serious practitioners and researchers who, beyond the color of the patch on the gi, have lots of things in common, and everyone's experience is a treasure for the others.

All the best.
Gio'

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
It's good to know these guys ( Sensei Yunoki and his bunch) are making their history availible for verification, it helps add legitimacy to their claim.

Yunoki is very open about what he does. He does not claim to be a teacher of hsitorical ninjutsu, rather he teaches a dude ranch type of reconstruction. He took a few things from books and teaches them to people who want a little fun. You may note that there is no pictures or mention of anythign like punching or kicking on anything he controls, just the students from overseas claiming to represent him. I have met Yunoki and been to his theme park. What he does and what Toushinkai claims he is are two seperate things.

Ah yes, I can read Japanese.
:supcool:

Latest Discussions