Anyone familiar with Dragons Pride?

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Woops, forgot to mention I'm in the UK - In which places can be reported to the advertising standards agency, which does have the ability to make companies remove/adapt advertisements.

Really unsure how it would apply in other countries.

Trading Standards are the ones with the real teeth over here.

The real issue as others have said is proving it ...

I have seen on websites of the corporate trainers that they train US military and other oversees Military personnel, now first of It is highly unlikely unless...............the guys that are teaching or on the or part of the circuit (if you dunno what that is lol it means they have the inside track due to past endeavours) then it is very possible for them to have done what they say as there is a hell of a lot of transatlantic co=operation that goes on that no one ever hears about and a great many things these days are done by "civvy contractors " ie come in done the training or whatever then leave,

That said just beware of what the claims are if they are part of the circuit then even mentioning that you should get a reaction lol and if you can read body lang a bit it not hard to tell if they telling porkies lol............and it is worth noting that the biggest regiment in the entire world or universe is the regiment lol ....not lol (your in the UK so you should I assume know who I am referring to

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
Trading Standards are the ones with the real teeth over here.

The real issue as others have said is proving it ...

I have seen on websites of the corporate trainers that they train US military and other oversees Military personnel, now first of It is highly unlikely unless...............the guys that are teaching or on the or part of the circuit (if you dunno what that is lol it means they have the inside track due to past endeavours) then it is very possible for them to have done what they say as there is a hell of a lot of transatlantic co=operation that goes on that no one ever hears about and a great many things these days are done by "civvy contractors " ie come in done the training or whatever then leave,

That said just beware of what the claims are if they are part of the circuit then even mentioning that you should get a reaction lol and if you can read body lang a bit it not hard to tell if they telling porkies lol............and it is worth noting that the biggest regiment in the entire world or universe is the regiment lol ....not lol (your in the UK so you should I assume know who I am referring to
While trading standards may have the "real teeth", the ASA do have the delegated ability to force people to remove adverts.

If you can prove it, or prove an advert is misleading. Eg. "We have trained members of the swat team" who have trained one lesson probably would be viewed as misleading then it's still potentially a violation of the ASA standards.

Proving something is not something is a lot harder usually than proving it is the thing they say. However, I think we're going quite off topic in this thread now which was originally about Dragons Pride

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While trading standards may have the "real teeth", the ASA do have the delegated ability to force people to remove adverts.

If you can prove it, or prove an advert is misleading. Eg. "We have trained members of the swat team" who have trained one lesson probably would be viewed as misleading then it's still potentially a violation of the ASA standards.

Proving something is not something is a lot harder usually than proving it is the thing they say. However, I think we're going quite off topic in this thread now which was originally about Dragons Pride
Off-topic? On Martial Talk??? Never!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree, I guess these things just happen sometimes and the good instructors out there can't do anything about it, which is unfortunate.

This all makes sense, but what about the places that really don't seem that good, like full of all these promotions, programs, claims of teaching FBI agents, S.W.A.T members, and SEALS with a lot of gimmicks, especially with all the fake demos they perform. If a lot of their claims are fake then how do they stay in business?
You would think a modest amount of due diligence would be in order especially if it is you kid you are sending to class. Sadly I occasionally still have someone ask me about my "secret training" or who have I taught. It really tells you a lot about people sometimes. Sometimes it is just from a lack of choices.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sometimes it is just from a lack of choices.
Or a lack of actually thinking about what they’ve been told and are repeating.

I wonder why some people still think black belts have to register with the police. Maybe pedophiles who happen to be black belts, but not others :)

People hear things a few ty, don’t put an ounce of thought into it, then repeat it.

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
Or a lack of actually thinking about what they’ve been told and are repeating.

I wonder why some people still think black belts have to register with the police. Maybe pedophiles who happen to be black belts, but not others :)

People hear things a few ty, don’t put an ounce of thought into it, then repeat it.
Obviously you need to register for an open carry license as your fists are now legally classed as weapons

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah they always make that disclaimer. I know there is some line that cannot be crossed tho. At some point people can get in trouble if they make medical claims, but where the line is I am not sure.

I think the line is, they can make vague claims like "this product promotes heart health", but they can't claim it will cure a specific disease ("this product will cure your heart disease").

OP
D

DiveInArts222

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys I agree with everything you say. This is why it's good that I know more about the dojo that I'm joining before I officially sign up.

Does anyone know any schools affiliated or similar to the Dragons pride dojo?

Latest Discussions