Anyone ever hear of this?

K

KanoLives

I found this website and was wondering if we have any members on Martial Talk that study this art, have heard of this art, and can give some opinions on it. It looks and sounds pretty cool. Here's the link.

http://www.olohe.com/

Thanks in advance.

:asian:

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think they had some Lua at the Ring of Fire clinic in Las Vegas in June. Alas I was unable to attend. Deep pacific island martial arts are interesting and prolific, but not very commercialized. I read something about a Samoan art of bone breaking once, but I don't recall any specifics. Hope this helps.

OP
K

Ken JP Stuczynski

... doesn't seem right. First, the Polynesians settled in Hawaii much earlier (I beleive), and the whole battle tactics seems not only relatively too modern, but the numbers of people in a "battle" would be inconsistent with the population total and density of any one area, or perhaps even many combined. It would be like having a couple of million policemen in New York City.

manofleisure

White Belt
Reaction score
I am currently studying Hawaiian Lua at this time.The style I am learning is heavily influenced by the Solomon style of Lua,but also has influences from my instructors family style and a more modern updated stlye that uses some drills from other systems to make it even more effective.

It is however Lua and when you see it,you know it ever time after that!Very Brutal close in fighting system that uses animals in the techniques like many of the chinese systems

Joint dislocation is the primary focus of the art with heavy usage of takedown techniques.

Latest Discussions