Anyone (else) from MT going to this?

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Rory Miller's books, and I recently found out he's giving a weekend seminar a couple hours north of here, so I jumped at the chance to go. Anyone else from MT attending this one?

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I went to one of his seminars a few months ago. It's a good experience. I'd recommend it.

OP
Nomad

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So the seminar was this past weekend. Rory was great, a very personable and down to earth guy with a ton of practical knowledge of the field (which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's read his books). We covered a ton of different topics, from force law to power generation in striking to principles of joint locks to ground fighting. Great people from a variety of different martial and self-defense backgrounds; about 20 of us on the first day, and 8 on the second.

I'm sporting a wide variety of new bruises and sore muscles today, and am thoroughly pleased. Doing his one-step drill (slowed down and fragmented flow drill) with someone in a crowded lobby or bathroom really opens up your eyes to the possibilities provided by environments other than the dojo floor. If anybody has the opportunity to go to one of his seminars, jump on it.

Latest Discussions