Anybody zapped by hot weather?

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My energy is down, across the country its been hot not just in NM, so I know people can relate.
I havent missed my MA classes, but the exercises in it drain me even until the next day. Working out on my own seems to need an extra push too.
During the day its been like about 100 degrees. Anybody else dealing with this? Or worse?

Obliquity

Green Belt
Reaction score
Interestingly, I like working out in hot weather. Warm weather, not so much. We've had it around or above 100 here recently and I went out to the driving range and hit a bucket o' balls. I also like running or biking in hot weather. Maybe it is the heat soaking into my joints and making me feel loose.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My energy is down, across the country its been hot not just in NM, so I know people can relate.
I havent missed my MA classes, but the exercises in it drain me even until the next day. Working out on my own seems to need an extra push too.
During the day its been like about 100 degrees. Anybody else dealing with this? Or worse?

You could be a bit down on fluids or electrolytes to be feeling that crap... it's easier than you think to get dehydrated. Look after yrself in the heat hey...
I'm off to crank up the heater now... it's about 8 degrees celcius over here!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We just got done with a heat wave, temps in the 100s for two days and near 100 for several on either side.

Now, we have the rain! :D Eases the pressure up a bit.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alabama heat and humidity, so yup. July and August make for some difficult months (especially now that my car's air conditioner broke down), but I'll gladly suffer the two months in exchange for not seeing any snow.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I shut down in hot weather. And the humidity in central Ohio can be... indescribable. We've had it pretty easy this summer, but since I find anything over 80º or so pretty unendurable, I've been dragging badly for about the past month... and we're only just at the beginning of the `dog days'...

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sunny and warm here in California. Not looking forward to August. That's when we have our heat wave. Today's high will be in the mid 80's so not bad. The beaches are a popular spot. The weather gets cold in the winter though, somewhere around 45 degrees...bbrrrr (hehehe).

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Denver's been running 15-20 degrees F above average, although it "cooled off" to the low to mid 80s last week; other than that, it's been mid-90s and up, with a forecast today for 100+.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mid 90's with a heat index of 102 so it is hot hotter and hottest for the rest of the summer, the humidity will kill you and the heat is just as bad. Rain does not help with the humidity so we just pack up and head to iceland for a few month or at least that is what we believe from the heat stroke.

OP
K

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So how are you all dealing with heat and or humidity in relation to your martial arts classes?
My instructor chews you out publicly, if you miss just one without calling him first.

D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So how are you all dealing with heat and or humidity in relation to your martial arts classes?
My instructor chews you out publicly, if you miss just one without calling him first.

D

Well since I'm the instructor I deal with it very well the student kinda hate it but we give plenty of water breaks.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it was an overcast but humid day here in Alma. When the humidity is bad it can suck the life right out of you. That certainly was the case when we were outside playing with the kids today. Conversly when I am training I actually enjoy it then but to play outside with the kids it is a pain.

Latest Discussions