Any good schools in Raleigh, NC?

campy1

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find a good school in the Raleigh, NC area. My area is the side closer to Cary (Buck Jones, Jones Franklin) There is only one school close to me and it's...sketchy...at best.
The schools I've liked are either way too far away or don't coincide with my schedule. The schools I liked were RDU Wing Chun and Triangle Kung Fu Arnis academy. Both great schools, but ones too far and the other starts class while I'm still at work.
Anyway, I was just hoping to hear from some people about your experience, if any, in this area.

Thanks!

EDIT: I guess I should mention I'm looking for a good workout and an interesting style such as Kung Fu or Wing Chun but these aren't requirements.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find a good school in the Raleigh, NC area. My area is the side closer to Cary (Buck Jones, Jones Franklin) There is only one school close to me and it's...sketchy...at best.
The schools I've liked are either way too far away or don't coincide with my schedule. The schools I liked were RDU Wing Chun and Triangle Kung Fu Arnis academy. Both great schools, but ones too far and the other starts class while I'm still at work.
Anyway, I was just hoping to hear from some people about your experience, if any, in this area.

Thanks!

EDIT: I guess I should mention I'm looking for a good workout and an interesting style such as Kung Fu or Wing Chun but these aren't requirements.

I'm familiar with Triangle Kung Fu and was going to recommend them. Perhaps Guro Harold will have a recommendation.

J Ellis

Green Belt
Reaction score
You might try Mr. Parson's school, Triangle Kenpo. He teaches Chinese Kenpo and is not only a great instructor, he has a great core group of guys that train with him.

Joel

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Hi,

I definitely would recommend trying Triangle Kung Fu Academy. I trained there for 5 years (driving from Greensboro to RTP to Raleigh, back to Greensboro five days a week). I received black belts in Kung fu and Modern Arnis there.

Heard good things about the Raleigh Wing Chung school as well as one of my FCS-Kali students trains there.

Also, one of my FCS-Kali Black Belts, Manong Rich Monforti (http://www.4kickbox.com/staff.html), will be starting to teach BJJ and FCS-Kali starting in Oct or so in the Cary area.

Take care,

Guro Harold

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You might try Mr. Parson's school, Triangle Kenpo. He teaches Chinese Kenpo and is not only a great instructor, he has a great core group of guys that train with him.

Joel

I would also recommend Triangle Kenpo. I have family in Raleigh and sit in with them for a class when I go for a visit. :) Good luck on your journey!

Latest Discussions