• Major Burns

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
M.A.S.H had to be one of my all time series.. But I wasn't always happy with the character changes...

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tough choices! I liked them all. How about the Majors Burns and Winchester? Cross-dressing CPL Klinger vs. the later SGT Klinger?

Bring back Painless Pete!

Let someone else create a poll for them..This was strickly about the 4 characters mentioned...

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This poll addressed those actors/characters that left the series and were replaced by new actor/characters..No one replaced Spearchucker Jones...Klinger replaced Radar, but Klinger was always there so he wasn not included..When he ( Klinger) stopped wearing dresses fulltime I found his character boring..

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Father Mulcahy! He was replaced by a different actor right after the pilot...

You are correct..In the pilot George Morgan played Father Mulcahy..He Morgan didn't leave much of an imprerssion so I had forgotten him...My bad..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think BJ just brought so much into the show, the witt. Of course that was really the writers doing it.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And lets not forget, Prior to coming on full time as Sherman Potter, Harry Morgan played a senile General Steele who payed a Visit to the camp when Henry Blake was still in command.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Please read post # 5....

Eh sorry about that one Drac.:cheers:

What I always found interesting in regards to the M.A.S.H. movie

was the song Suicide is painless was written By Robert Altman's son Mike. I can imagine that dinner conversation.

Last edited:

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
The character of Margaret was replaced with a different actor from the movie to the series also. I agree it was one of the best series ever made. All the characters grew with the show.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Eh sorry about that one Drac.:cheers:

What I always found interesting in regards to the M.A.S.H. movie

was the song Suicide is painless was written By Robert Altman's son Mike. I can imagine that dinner conversation.
Well if you remember the song was played during Painless' pre-funeral dinner... which iconically was set up to look like the last supper by DaVinci.. Black capsule was of course speed.

Sally Kellerman played Hot-lips in the movie but I think Loretta's Swit's take on her and growth of the character was definitely better... Why wasn't she on the poll... Other long time characters though secondary was nurse Kelly Kellye Nakahara (91 episodes) and Igor (68 episodes). Zelmo Zale was replaced by Luther Rizzo.

Bea Jay Hunnicut was well written to be sure and well played by Mike Farrell who must've had a blast doing the character.

Always liked Colonel Randall Flagg's appearances (including his first when he showed up at a poker game and asked about everyone's ability to keep a secret... then pointed to Klinger..."what about her?" Which Pat Morita replied "she's my wife"... Later Flagg sat down besides Klinger and looked at him then said... "Hey!... Up close you're a guy!" Klinger answered "Far away too!" :lfao: that always gets me...

Sidney Freeman was another beloved character that I always enjoyed watching.

The various Asian actors that came and went were always superb, Pat Morita, Mako (in several various roles), Key Luke, Bob Okazaki, Chao Li Chi, Sab Shimono, Susan Sakimoto, Frances Fong (Rosie) Rollin Moriyama, Haunani Minn, Tad Horino, Sachiko Penny Lee, Arthur Song, Oksun Kim, Rosalind Chao (Soon Lee -- became Klinger's Wife), Robert Ito, Jack Soo,
Yuki Shimoda, Johnny Yune, Philip Ahn (yes, Master Kan from Kung Fu) Kimiko Hiroshige, John Fujioka, Momo Yashima, Virginia Ann Lee, James Saito, June Kyoto Lu, Shizuko Hoshi, Leland Sun, Clyde Kusatsu, Noel Toy,
Soon-Tek Oh, Jerry Fujikawa, Byron Chung, Patrick Adiarte (Ho John), Eileen Saki (also Rosie) Richard Lee-Sung (who starred in 10 episodes)
(list obtained from IMDB.com of course)....
These bit/secondary/supporting actors to me, really made the show. Their walk on parts, full or partial stories focused on them helped the primary characters have their true selves revealed.

Great show without a doubt.

Oh by the way... Andrew Dice Clay appeared in an episode of the show... "Trick Or Treatment"

Last edited:

Latest Discussions