Another new MT Black Belt

TigerWoman said:
Wow, I was gone camping, bluegrass festival, and alot has happened since last Wed. 2000 some posts whew! I have alot to go through.

I'll apologize now, roughly one quarter of those posts are mine but on the good side about 375 of them are all related to pressure points so if you are not into them you can just skip over all of them.

Rob Broad said:
I just noticed in your Shesulsa that you study Hwa Rang Do and Kenpo, what style of kenpo do you study and how well does it blend with your Hwa rang Do.
Rob, I started studying Sam Pai Kenpo about 15 years ago when I was dating my now ex-husband Mike. It's a great kenpo system.

AHEM** I should say that I was tought that Sam Pai Kenpo is based on the philosophy of there being Three Shields of defense.

I learned all my white belt material and got pregnant before I ever sparred. I was never allowed to spar during pregnancy and never tested for rank in that system, but learned a lot watching the two guys my then-husband taught. Then Mr. Parker died, and I tried to start training again, but it didn't work out with my husband and I think I only remember finger set, part of a two-man staff form and a couple of techniques that I may/may not remember names for.

I moved from So Cal to Oregon, then Washington and stumbled across Hwa Rang Do.

I haven't learned enough Kenpo to really tell you if it conflicts with HRD or not. I CAN tell you that HRD is a very broad art.

I should change the profile to read HRD only, I suppose. I still have an affinity for SPK though, because I really liked what I learned and how Mr. Dimmick seemed to bring some softness into Kenpo - at least, what I remember.

shesulsa said:
Rob, I started studying Sam Pai Kenpo about 15 years ago when I was dating my now ex-husband Mike. It's a great kenpo system.

AHEM** I should say that I was tought that Sam Pai Kenpo is based on the philosophy of there being Three Shields of defense.

I learned all my white belt material and got pregnant before I ever sparred. I was never allowed to spar during pregnancy and never tested for rank in that system, but learned a lot watching the two guys my then-husband taught. Then Mr. Parker died, and I tried to start training again, but it didn't work out with my husband and I think I only remember finger set, part of a two-man staff form and a couple of techniques that I may/may not remember names for.

I moved from So Cal to Oregon, then Washington and stumbled across Hwa Rang Do.

I haven't learned enough Kenpo to really tell you if it conflicts with HRD or not. I CAN tell you that HRD is a very broad art.

I should change the profile to read HRD only, I suppose. I still have an affinity for SPK though, because I really liked what I learned and how Mr. Dimmick seemed to bring some softness into Kenpo - at least, what I remember.

Could you start a thread somewhere and post about the 3 shields you mentioned. I have heard of Sampai Kenpo but don't know anything about it and would like to know.

Rob Broad said:
Could you start a thread somewhere and post about the 3 shields you mentioned. I have heard of Sampai Kenpo but don't know anything about it and would like to know.
Perhaps an open letter to Mr. Joe Dimmick might do, however, if you look at this thread you might see why I believe I unfortunately burned a bridge on that highway. Therefore, I don't think I should be the one to address this topic at length whatsoever.

If you would like more details, Rob, you can PM me, however, I don't want to get into that water here.

Thanks,

Georgia

Hey, y'all - check it out - TigerWoman is 2nd dan on MT!!

TW, I've said it before and I'll say it again - YOU ROCK!

Hey TW, congrats i thought i noticed you hit that 2nd today! Awesome posts!

Thanks for sharing!

Kenpo Mama

TW,

I go to class for a couple hours and you promote! Congrats. KT

Yes, and I didn't exercise today either. Been yacking too much...bye, better go do it. TW

Mmmmergh?!?

:) Congrats, TigerWoman, your posts often hit me right in the gut and express something I couldn't or didn't. Snaps to you!

Tiger Woman I really enjoy reading your posts! My avatar really likes seeing yours with your cup of coffee in hand! It's great getting to know you here!:partyon: Yeah!

I haven't posted in here for a while.... so congratulations to all that have made BB or higher. You truly are an inspiration to me. I have come to watch for your posts and love to see the sincerity and wit you write in each post. You teach us "newbies" a lot.

:partyon:

party on!

And now, MJ-HI-YAH is 3rd Degree MT Black Belt. Sheesh! I guess I missed your 2nd, sorry...

Chatty Kathy MJ - congratulations, baby!! :partyon:

Yay, MJ, I'm a poet now. Not. I think I missed it the other time around too. Congrats to the most prolific writer and I still think you would make a great Dear MJ....just think of all the common sense you could give MT guys? (and of course, us women too.). TW

Three posts early ...congrats to Gary! Yee Ha Gary!:partyon:

And hey just saw those last there posts thanks guys for my good wishes! :) :) :)

The "what women really want" thread will put him over the top before nights end. ;)

Congrats Gary!

Latest Discussions

Back