Another McDojo. Lethalo, the world's deadliest martial art!

S

superdave

What a crock! Check out the instructor bios, for a good laugh. Sadly some poor schmuck will gladly shell out the dough to learn, LETHALO!!! THE WORLD'S DEADLIEST MARTIAL ART!

Hey maybe this is where Van Damme learned his Krotty.

Another step closer to the grave for Martial arts in America.

Enjoy!

http://www.lethalo.com/pages/1/index.htm

OP
R

rmcrobertson

I thought it was great, in the true, "Mystery Science Theater 3000," tradition. I particularly liked the bios...they hit all the fakery high spots...teaching around the world...teaching law enforcment...easy to learn...makes you invincible...and {my personal favorite} taught the Navy SEALS and scared their instructors....

I just love this stuff: the louder the better, I say. Bring on the ninjas! Celebrate the one-touch KOs! Praise to the no-touch KOs! All hail that guy who drags the lawn rollers around with his ding-ding! Hooray for the chi masters with the easy-to-learn Shaolin secrets! Hooraw for all the movie stars with dance training who have become badasses!

Seriously--isn't the cheesy scam a time-honored part of martial arts tradition?

Oh, I forgot my absolute favorite part--CardioLethalo!

OP
S

superdave

I just love the testimonials! Especially, the "gang bangers beware" story.

Hey, maybe Count Dante can come back from the dead and join up with these guys. Or maybe Iron Kim, Hmmmmmm....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw this one in the phone book while traveling recently:
http://www.combatexpert.com

The yellow pages ad had the same outrageous claims in it. I wrote down the URL to check when I got home because it was so exaggerated I was curious!

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Hey, can we start a thread on everybody's favorite completely ridiculous martial arts website?

I just love this stuff. It's a useful antidote to the seriousness with which I approach martial arts, for one thing...reading through, "Commander Coal," and his explanations of why North Royalton's having problems renting him a building is a great tension reliever--provided we skip the desperate attempt to make a buck that a lot of these sites evince, which is kinda depresssing.

And here's my question of the week: do the Navy SEALS ever do ANYTHING except get trained (and intimidated) by every martially arty numbnuts on the face of the planet? Somebody with better math skills than me ought to try figuring out just how much time our country's premier covert ops (just thought I'd use some of that Commander Coal style) teams have spent in the last ten years or so, being shown that their combat skills are worthless by all these guys...

Thanks for the reference. An absolute hoot.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Detroit the Murder Capital of the World

Now that is something to be proud of.

Just like during the same time period FLint Mi was actually a more dangerous place and had more Rape, Murder, and gun shots and knifings and assaults per capita (* Per 1,000 people *) oh yeah and then there was Money Magazine and other Zines and publications stating it was the worst place #1 to live in the USA, oh I almost forgot Roger Rabbit oh I mean Roger Moore and his movie Roger and ME and the Rabbit Lady et al.

So, does this mean since I grew up and hung out and bounced in this time period and survived, that I would have an art even more superior then Lethalo???
:confused: :eek:

:rofl: Sorry I could Not Resist !:rofl: :rofl:

:asian:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by superdave
What a crock! Check out the instructor bios, for a good laugh. Sadly some poor schmuck will gladly shell out the dough to learn, LETHALO!!! THE WORLD'S DEADLIEST MARTIAL ART!

Hey maybe this is where Van Damme learned his Krotty.

Another step closer to the grave for Martial arts in America.

Enjoy!

http://www.lethalo.com/pages/1/index.htm

I am VERY surprised that Joe Moreiras name is listed as one of the instructors.:confused:

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Boys and Girls, does Rich Parsons ever have a point. Detroit becomes the Hellmouth (att'n Buffy fans), and this guy brags about all the good training...a real martial artist would've been, say, teaching reading or running a boxing program...

Reminds me of the classic headline from "National Lampoon:" JAPAN SINKS; LOCAL COUPLE'S VACATION RUINED, as well as the leftist slogan of the 1970s, about middle-class tourism in the so-called Third World: VACATION IN OTHER PEOPLE'S MISERY.

Nice one, Mr. Parsons. I hadn't noticed.

OP
M

MartialArtist

People always come up with the same stories it's not even funny. Looks like they're running out of original names also.

Everyone refers to the military and LE. Navy SEALs, Army SF, FBI, etc. The typical. :rolleyes: Actually, Navy SEALs, Army SF, and the FBI get rather minimal training IMO. Better than the normal units, but nothing to get all goody goody about. More training is put into what matters, not CQC. Then everyone claims that they've been stationed in Okinawa, Japan, Korea, or Thailand and learned from the great Asian masters. :rolleyes:

OP
M

MartialArtist

I am a 46 year old pilot with Delta airlines, and I have been studying LETHALO for over a year. I can now say without a doubt that LETHALO is better than carrying a gun on airline flights.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There were a few in that little yellow pages book that had trained the SEALs, and I had the same thought--when do they have time to do anything else than study martial arts? These SEALs probably can't even swim!

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You know, half of the advertisements I see for the 'deadliest style in the world' offer proof by way of their being an instructor for Special or Covert Operatives. I don't begrudge them using it as a gimick, I guess it impresses the general public. Hopefully noone here is taken in by their claims. I think that we have enough people in this forum that have worked with SpecOps guys to know that their martial abilities aren't that impressive. They have excellent physical training going for them and the right mindset but that's about it. Their hand-to-hand skill is secondary with training being arranged when and if they have the time. CovertOps are the same way, they are mostly SpecOps that have left the military and have the same training. If not, they get a mere months crash course in basic self defense and whatever they are willing to pay for out of their own pocket. In my conversations with SEALs, Rangers and others about their hand to hand training, the most common response I've gotten was 'I train at (insert local dojo/dojang).'

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first posting here, but I have to chime in on this one. I train in the area where this "Nightbreed" guy is and I have trained with some of the more hard core guys in this area, but i have never heard of this system, this guy or this school. I think this may be a classic example of some serious money put into website advertising for a school that might not even exist. :rolleyes: Just my 2 cents.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by MartialArtist
People always come up with the same stories it's not even funny. Looks like they're running out of original names also.

Everyone refers to the military and LE. Navy SEALs, Army SF, FBI, etc. The typical. :rolleyes: Actually, Navy SEALs, Army SF, and the FBI get rather minimal training IMO. Better than the normal units, but nothing to get all goody goody about. More training is put into what matters, not CQC. Then everyone claims that they've been stationed in Okinawa, Japan, Korea, or Thailand and learned from the great Asian masters. :rolleyes:

Over the years a lot of people, including Americans have actually trained in Asia although some do lie without a doubt.

But to hopefully open some eyes, heres a link to someone who is still fairly young, very high ranked under my Hanshi and is well established in several arts and is helping me out with some things. Click on the video clip and turn on your speakers.:D

http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/tc-mq001.html

:asian:

OP
K

kkbb

I read the copyright notice on the bottom of the Lethelo pageand this caught my eye:
"ANYONE ELSE CLAIMING TO BE A LETHALO INSTRUCTOR IS FIBBING,"

Now there's legal speak!:D :rofl:

OP
T

tonbo

Okay, I didn't waste a whole lot of my time with "Coal Akida" and his "Nightbreed"......just browsing the site was enough.

However, I *did* like his explanation of his video clip.....how he was sparring a *3 year* veteran of kali. 3 years? Hell, 3 years into kenpo, I didn't know *squat*, much less be a real threat to anyone who knew serious martial arts.

So he can defend himself against someone who has studied for 3 years? Woooooooo. Okay, that proves a deadly fighting art, if ever I saw one.

I would rather see him stack his art up against some of the more acknowledged masters. Or maybe even take it to the UFC. Once he starts winning there, then he can get a little more respect.

Lethalo. Nightbreed. Eeeeeeesh. :rolleyes:

Peace--

OP
T

tonbo

Did I mention that I actually trained Navy SEALS?

Well, I did.

I think that, generally, the Navy Dolphins listened a little better, but the Seals were pretty tough. Especially the Elephant Seals. Those noses are deadly.

:rolleyes:

Peace--

Latest Discussions