Another geeky thread about rpgs

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anybody else remember PARANOIA -- 'the roleplaying game of a darkly humorous future'?

They've rereleased it and adapted the humor to post 9/11 America. Seriously one of the funniest things I've read in years.

"If you don't trust The Computer, the Commie mutant traitors have already won"

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
Anybody else remember PARANOIA -- 'the roleplaying game of a darkly humorous future'?

They've rereleased it and adapted the humor to post 9/11 America. Seriously one of the funniest things I've read in years.

"If you don't trust The Computer, the Commie mutant traitors have already won"

I loved that game.

Just becuase tou think everyone is out to get you, does not mean they are not out to get you.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I loved that game.

Just becuase tou think everyone is out to get you, does not mean they are not out to get you.

I played it once. It was fun. We did somthing where the computer sent us out to recover a mutant lunatic, that just turned out to be THE TICK.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, hadn't heard of that game since before I was in the Army. Was loads of fun. Lately my favorite funny rpg has to be HOL.

Jeff

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
Okay, I have never played paranoia but it sounds like fun. Could you guy's explain a little bit more what it is about? Thanks.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Paranoia.

It is a game set in the future for content and technology. You are in a city (* Think Logans Run *), where the computer runs everything. If the computer finds out you have broken a law (* Not all laws are know to the player. ;) *), or the computer finds out you have an affliation with a secret group, (* Part of the character creation is to pick which secret group you belong too. *), the computer will eliminate you.

One adventure we had to go through these big doors to where there was light way up on the ceiling, so far up I could not tell how high. There was a wierd floor, with dust and rock like stuff, with these wierd green things, and these wierd tall brown things with green on them. (* My characters description of going outside *)

Another character told the Computer: We went outside, and there were trees, and flowers and birds, and dirt and the sun in the sky, with clouds, and ..., . Teh comptuer kiled him on the spot. He knew too much. ;) :D

Just because you are parnaoid does not mean that the world is not out to get you. :lol:

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Oh? Been to the Church and Munch lately have we?

Not lately, have to go through the diaper swamp to get to it.

Jeff

OP
B

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
Sounds fun! In a strange futuristic type way! :)

it's absolutely brilliant!

my favorite moment ever was when my character was issued a super-deadly, super-complicated new 'nuclear rifle'. it was an awesome piece of experimental weaponry with which i was supposed to mow down the enemy rapidly advancing on our position.

too bad the instruction manual was above my security clearance...