Another Dummy thread...

2000wrx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have been searching through some of the threads and haven't found what I am looking for exactly.

I am in the market for a Dummy I would like to keep costs reasonable, for me that is 500-600 dollars.

Does anyone have first hand experiance with one they have purchased?

Thanks!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been searching through some of the threads and haven't found what I am looking for exactly.

I am in the market for a Dummy I would like to keep costs reasonable, for me that is 500-600 dollars.

Does anyone have first hand experiance with one they have purchased?

Thanks!!

Around that price no, most if I not mistaken cost between 750 to 1000, but I'm sure some one makes them at that price

OP

2000wrx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I thought I had seen a few in that range... some I thought had the base made from multiple pieces of wood rather than a single solid trunk.

At any rate, I am still looking for reputiable resellers of Mook Jong's if anyone has first hand experiance.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
I do not have any direct experience with this company, but Great Lion Co. makes quality Mooks for a reasonable price. I believe that their most inexpensive Mooks go for around 600.00. That price does not include shipping, and that can drive the cost up. I am willing to drive my pick-up there if I get the chance to purchace one to save on shipping. Sadly they are back logged until 2007 before they will take any new orders. Look into their website, I do not have a link, but look up Great Lion Co. and you will find some info. I have never heard of anyone being unhappy with the Mooks they make, other than it is not as cheap as PVC Mooks or some other Mooks not of the same quality. I myself am saving and hoping to make an order with them when they start to take orders again. JMO. Hope you find what you like. PEACE

OP

2000wrx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yea I remember them (I think) from a long time ago when I was looking into a Mook.

Tanks

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Cool, I just looked into them. The standard trunk is 350.00 then any accessories of arms , leg types, stand etc... raises the price from there. I hope to post about my own Mook from them sometime in the near future. PEACE

reese

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Wooden Dummy from Great Lion with the optional metal leg. I have had it for about six years and no problems. The arms are off-set. I would not be put off by a dummy that is laminated, it actually makes it stronger to glue the boards together. My first dummy was a Yuen Kay San Dummy that was laminated and it held up well.

Stu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was a bit like you in the respect that I had a budget to stick to. I asked my Sifu and he did some digging about amongst his friends and managed to find me a 2nd hand dummy.
Its made by a company called Hayashi to Ip Man specs and its a great bit of kit. Apparently the guy before me had it for about 5 years and I reckon its got lots of years left in in yet. It will probably last longer than i do.
The trunk is on a stand alone box frame so you can plonk it anywhere you have the room without any wall fittings.

It cost me £250 which is about $470 US dollars.

So if you ever come across a Hayashi dummy I'd recommend one.

OP

2000wrx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys!! I will keep on looking around.

Latest Discussions