Angel, The Dog.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Article.
On Saturday an 18-month old golden retriever saved her owner from being attacked by a cougar while in the backyard of their home in Boston Bar, British Columbia, about 130 miles north of Vancouver.
The dog -- named Angel -- leaped into action and threw herself between her owner, 11-year-old Austin Forman, and the cougar that was charging at him.

Attachments

• $story.angel.ctv.jpg
    $story.angel.ctv.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 91

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Still amazing to read about how dogs are just heroes with lots of hair and a cold nose.

According to his mother, Austin is so thankful for Angel's bravery that he "went to town with his grandpa and bought a huge steak for her."
What? just ONE?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unconditional love is not an easy concept to grasp, and is a bit foreign to some. This is a great story pertaining to the undying loyalty of this k9 friend, that gives us a glimpse at that fine line between thinking and doing. In dogs it is instinctive, but it is stories like this that cause one to stop and think, much deeper. Anyways, thanks. Everyone should own a dog, there is much to learn from our furry friends.
icon7.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks, dogs do that sort of thing and it never ceases to amaze me.

My father took a walk on the mountain that my Uncles tree farm is on one morning with my Uncle’s Bouvier des Flandres when all of a sudden the Bouvier started running by my dad stopping in front of him turning and looking directly at him, barking and then running past my dad. Then stopping and repeating this several times until my dad decided the dog was trying to tell him something. When he got back to the cabin he told my uncle about it and my uncle said he should have told my dad not to take that trail since he suspected there was a cougar den up there.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I propose changing the title of this thread to "Dog, the Angel" :)

What a great story.

Latest Discussions