Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21988940

Well done that man!

I used to defend Tim Henman against his detractors, for his record, despite not winning a Grand Slam, was very creditable indeed and I have been fighting Andy's corner against the nay-sayers since he first started playing in the 'public eye', so to speak.

So it is extra nice to be able to say "See? I told you he would do it one day!" for a player that I have supported for so long that has won a Grand Slam and is now reaching out for the top step in the rankings.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21988940

Well done that man!

I used to defend Tim Henman against his detractors, for his record, despite not winning a Grand Slam, was very creditable indeed and I have been fighting Andy's corner against the nay-sayers since he first started playing in the 'public eye', so to speak.

So it is extra nice to be able to say "See? I told you he would do it one day!" for a player that I have supported for so long that has won a Grand Slam and is now reaching out for the top step in the rankings.
OMG, you Poms can be so insufferable when you get a little sporting success! :p

(... and he's a Scot!!!)

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:seerrrrrrlaapppPPPP!: :D

Oh yeah!!!? Since when did you bare-arsed Aussies ever win anything?!! ... {tails off and looks about evasively as it dawns on his slow wits ...}

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:seerrrrrrlaapppPPPP!: :D

Oh yeah!!!? Since when did you bare-arsed Aussies ever win anything?!! ... {tails off and looks about evasively as it dawns on his slow wits ...}
I'll admit, it's been a while, but don't get too complacent. Our women cricketers aren't doing too bad .. I think we're trying to get some of them into our main team. Look out if that happens! :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cricket? Why you guys talking about a sign of autumn when its barely spring?? (At least, in this hemisphere :p)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cricket? Why you guys talking about a sign of autumn when its barely spring?? (At least, in this hemisphere :p)
We tend to discuss the most important issues of life and international relations at any time of the year. :)

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Forgive her, K-man for she knows not what she says!

She is full of compassion and goodness but has spent too much time at the top of high lumps (instead of in gorgeous forests) and I fear it has done something unfortunate to her mind. The lovely lady Carol does not understand that between the Australians and the English it is always about the cricket (well, that and the beer :D).

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Forgive her, K-man for she knows not what she says!

She is full of compassion and goodness but has spent too much time at the top of high lumps (instead of in gorgeous forests) and I fear it has done something unfortunate to her mind. The lovely lady Carol does not understand that between the Australians and the English it is always about the cricket (well, that and the beer :D).

Maybe I just need a proper introduction. I can learn new things :D

Latest Discussions