Anatomy and KOs

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm studying kinesiology right now and hoping to be a PT too.

This is all so cool to learn about!! I might sound like a horrible person, but I wanna learn how to take someone out like this. It just screams badass!

Go with chokes. Choking someone out is pretty badass to be honest

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Always wondered why from side control why MMA fighters don't use more knees to the liver area.

Does a person lying down diminish the effect of a liver shot?

Here is my guess.

Any way you knee they can pretty much put an arm in the way. Which is where they want that arm to go to turn inwards anyway.

OP
Brownielox

Brownielox

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't wrestle any more. I haven't coached it in a few years too, but by all means, ask away.

Oh cool. Do I just ask here, or is there like a separate chat function on this thing?

Go with chokes. Choking someone out is pretty badass to be honest

Ohhhh trust me...after tonight I definitely want to choke someone out....I'm majorly POed and would love to dish it out on a [expletive]... :mad::mad:

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh cool. Do I just ask here, or is there like a separate chat function on this thing?

Ohhhh trust me...after tonight I definitely want to choke someone out....I'm majorly POed and would love to dish it out on a [expletive]... :mad::mad:

You can ask here or start a new thread. You're the one who started this thread, so I don't think there's any issue with you asking here. A separate thread might get more responses from the community and more focused responses though.

DanT

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That's pretty much it. In order to get the right angle for a knee to the liver of an opponent under side mount, you'd be giving up a lot of control and would likely lose the position.
This is what I was gonna say. The opponent would probably go into guard.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Ask here or a separate thread, but I will selfishly request you don't ask general questions in a pm (if they're personal questions ignore this).

How are the rest of us supposed to learn if you keep the questions hidden?

OP
Brownielox

Brownielox

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ask here or a separate thread, but I will selfishly request you don't ask general questions in a pm (if they're personal questions ignore this).

How are the rest of us supposed to learn if you keep the questions hidden?
You got it! I don't really know what y'all can really learn from me. I don't know jacksh*t haha

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
You got it! I don't really know what y'all can really learn from me. I don't know jacksh*t haha

You ask questions....other posters answer and discuss....multiple people learn from your question.

So your questions bring a lot of good value to the board.

Latest Discussions