Amerindo Self Defense System Holland

Stealthy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'd change "fanatic" to "passionate"....these are troubled times we live in after all.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd change "fanatic" to "passionate"....these are troubled times we live in after all.

It's better English to say fanatical, they can say they are fanatical about martial arts, that sounds okay.

Excuse me if I correct your English, never the best language to grapple with.

We are a group of fanatical (or passionate) martial arts people that have come together to workout in a relaxed envirement. The system itself can be pretty dangerous so we always say "safety first".

Training is physical demanding and techniques can be learned by everyone.
The system is build up from the following experiences of our teacher:
-Pukulan Japara
-Mustika Kweetang
-Cimande

The system also contains an effective knife and stickfighting syllabus.

Looks good though!

Stealthy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Excuse me if I correct your English, never the best language to grapple with.

English is the BEST language to grapple with.:ultracool

Fanatical is a better word but it gets thrown around for all the wrong reasons and passionate isn't too bad as an alternative.

OP
A

amerindosds

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, ill change it as soon as possible. English isnt my first language so all the help is welcome :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you develop the name "Amerindo" from? Nothing you've listed shows any connection to any American Indian/Native American groups -- but a lot of your artwork and the name certainly suggests that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, ill change it as soon as possible. English isnt my first language so all the help is welcome :)

Alstublieft, your English is a good deal better than many English peoples though! It's a language designed to trip people up lol! Even the Americans can't get it right....only joking! :)

OP
A

amerindosds

White Belt
Reaction score
Where did you develop the name "Amerindo" from? Nothing you've listed shows any connection to any American Indian/Native American groups -- but a lot of your artwork and the name certainly suggests that.

Im a direct student from Jim Ingram and his son Raymond Ingram.

Im the only dutch instructor

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

The name "Amerindo" comes from the Dutch “Indische mensen” or Indos, as Dutch Eurasians usually call themselves in English, with the added syllable denoting their new home, America.

OP
A

amerindosds

White Belt
Reaction score
Ive stopped teaching this system for several reasons.

In theory its nice but practical applications arent that good, i have met a filippino teacher that really opened my eyes.

Also the old discussions about Jim Ingram and Bapak Zakaria will always emerge and i dont want to represent a system that claims alot but doesnt contain half of it, like Serak, Jim Ingram never is or was an advanced student in Serak als the claim of Guru Besar in Mustika wasnt true.

Also the way other systems gets bashed during classes doesnt fit my mindset, i would never bash other systems because they train differently.

So i stopped representing them and started training in the Filippino Arts.

Latest Discussions