American Servicemen prevent terrorist attack

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Video from the train. I hope that those injured recover quickly. I did laugh though at the terrorist when I saw him trussed up like a chicken, they did a good job on him! Well done those men!
Ask.com

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Americans and Brits taking care of business....a classic combination. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Cousins forever. :)

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
French people were injured.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
French people were injured.
Yes, and Germans were injuring and killing the French until the Allied Forces turned the tide. My point being. Brits and Americans helped the French again.
Why do you dislike the statement that the French benefited from the US and UK?

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you dislike the statement that the French benefited from the US and UK?

It has nothing to do with the fact a terrorist attack was stopped by brave people. The train was coming from Amsterdam to Paris ( the train is a joint Dutch, French and German service), the passengers would have been international. The last war has nothing to do with the subject either.
I don't want to diminish nor gloss over what a brave act it was by these people with facile remarks about the French nor do I wish to insult French members of MT.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Video from the train. I hope that those injured recover quickly. I did laugh though at the terrorist when I saw him trussed up like a chicken, they did a good job on him! Well done those men!
Ask.com
Good thing that bad guys like that don't value hand to hand fighting skills. I guess he thought no one would every go empty hand against a gun.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the fact a terrorist attack was stopped by brave people. The train was coming from Amsterdam to Paris ( the train is a joint Dutch, French and German service), the passengers would have been international. The last war has nothing to do with the subject either.
I don't want to diminish nor gloss over what a brave act it was by these people with facile remarks about the French nor do I wish to insult French members of MT.

There was no insult given. Really, there is no need to look at my statement as such.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good thing that bad guys like that don't value hand to hand fighting skills. I guess he thought no one would every go empty hand against a gun.

Sometime the statement "Fortune favors the bold" is true.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Two things. First, if it weren't for the French, we would still be a British colony. Second, it's really tacky to introduce lame politics into a thread like this.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Two things. First, if it weren't for the French, we would still be a British colony. Second, it's really tacky to introduce lame politics into a thread like this.

If we were still British colonies, we would not have waited until Japan attacked us to enter the war. It is conceivable that we would have gone to war with Germany as soon as the Nazis were firing on whichever British Ally that was attacked and invaded first.

Was it Poland?

Anyhoo..
Just because the French helped, that doesn't mean the Spanish couldn't have instead, in lieu of the French.

It is pure speculation on our parts to armchair quarterback how the Revolution would have played out without the aid of France. Were the odds against us? Certainly.

But the absence of France does not guarantee British Victory.

Please be aware... At the time France gave aid only 3% of the American population took up arms against the Crown., and guerilla warfare is an incredibly powerful counter to traditional European warfare.

If Half of the American population were to have been aroused to war... The British Redcoats would have been severely trounced.

The war was quite unpopular and there were very many neutral yet able forces that could have stepped up.

It is a common notion to underestimate what power the colonial Americans truely had.

Its great that heroism runs in the blood of British and American people... Who boldly dare and go in unarmed against gunman at that.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He's just jumping on the 'hate the French' bandwagon.

Nonsense. Really. Please don't say stuff like that about me. I hate NO people-groups, and very very few individuals. I deeply resent being called or implied that I am a racist, of any sort, by you.

And for the record, part of my Family is New Iberian French, by way of Louisiana, and Mississippi. And I rather love that blood in my family.

The rest is Scots, by way of North Ireland and Oklahoma, which married into Cherokee Trail of Tears survivors. And some Ashkenazi Hebrew.... Which makes me an American mutt...and proud of ALL of it.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions