American Arrogance?

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, I like to visit my parents in the country for christmas, but I am really really glad when I leave again.. usually a bit early.

Every person there considers himself a bit better than the rest of his family. Every family stick together and are convinced they are better than those neighboring "clans". Every village or valley laugh at how dumb and backwards people are outside their own little paradise. Naturally Norway (and particularily the fjords) is numero uno in the world too. So there you got it, everyone is the epitome of human achievement, and will be happy to tell you about how good a skier he is, how big a fish he caught last summer or that he is the reigning arm wrestling champion at the yearly drunken barn dance.

Love the country but it is best enjoyed a few days at a time.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
By definition, everybody thinks their way of doing things is the best way. Otherwise, they wouldn't be doing things that way.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Northern Europe is superior to the whole of Southern Europe. Marines are superior to Soldiers. Oh Lord, I travel too much. Could go on for hours about all the arrogance out there. Just a little more: Aussies are superior to Americans and to Kiwis, while Kiwis are upset when we don't know where they are. Gators are superior to Seminoles, but there is actually truth to this because Seminoles actually are inferior to Gators. Mammals are superior to reptiles. And to birds. And to fish. Bacteria and viruses are superior to mammals but neither talks about it.
So there. Top that!
The article says it all! No need for further comment!
icon10.gif

Latest Discussions