MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The writer is correct, who exactly didn't see this coming? I still can't believe we're talking about full body scanners, even post-911. Interesting that someone created a version that immediately deletes images after clearing, I hope those get implemented more.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm just back from Israel. From the time I entered the airport to the time I was in the secure area of the terminal took 30 minutes. I made contact with 5 people. No full body scanner. A lot of eye contact and it looked like everybody's checked luggage was searched. When was the last time there was an incident originating at Ben Gurion airport?

Everybody, including the ticket agent made eye contact. The passport control agent was making small talk with a coworker but never broke eye contact with me. She was assessing my demeanor all the time.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And I hear the terrorist now are looking into boob implants for bombs. And I presume 'cheek', as in buttocks, implants.

Ever wonder if a bomber has breast, buttocks, love handles, and maybe, for good measure, swallowed C4 'pills'?

Now pray tell me how are they gonna search for that one? Nude flights? Anal probes?

You know soon they are gonna have to use the Israeli way of looking for terrorist and not this strip search crap. Yea it means a bit of profiling but that's life.

Deaf

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I doubt this is meant for the terrorists. It's a way to degrade the public and take away their dignity. The airports are where they roll it out first. We'll see these come in other places soon like courthouses, malls, schools, etc.

And then there is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8sDhcvpGc&feature=youtube_gdata

Some people are claiming that these scanners are harmful for your body.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crikey! I don't know that anyone would knowingly allow as dangerous a machine as this is made out to be to be used on the general public. But then again I wouldn't be at all surprised that something dangerous can slip through into use due to corruption or lack of vigiliance.

Latest Discussions