Aikidoka

ImagineClouds

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi
i'm just new to this forum. I'm 19 years old and practice aikido for almost 2 years, aikikai style, i already reached status of 4th kyu and in may i can do my exam for 3th kyu or green belt in just over 2 years. I love aikido and martial arts in general. if you have questions about aikido please ask though i know i'm no master yet i do know quite a few about aikido :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
i'm just new to this forum. I'm 19 years old and practice aikido for almost 2 years, aikikai style, i already reached status of 4th kyu and in may i can do my exam for 3th kyu or green belt in just over 2 years. I love aikido and martial arts in general. if you have questions about aikido please ask though i know i'm no master yet i do know quite a few about aikido :)
Welcome to Martial Talk! You'll find a lot of opinions here, and some of us are even right! :D

I study and teach a cousin art to yours. Nihon Goshin Aikido is also primarily derived from Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu. If you're familiar with Shioda's Yoshinkan Aikido, I've been told we are similar to that.

Where are you located?

OP
ImagineClouds

ImagineClouds

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! You'll find a lot of opinions here, and some of us are even right! :D

I study and teach a cousin art to yours. Nihon Goshin Aikido is also primarily derived from Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu. If you're familiar with Shioda's Yoshinkan Aikido, I've been told we are similar to that.

Where are you located?
belgium, in the city Lokeren , club Tai Wa, yes i know just a litlle of shioda's style but i've heard of it

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
belgium, in the city Lokeren , club Tai Wa, yes i know just a litlle of shioda's style but i've heard of it

Greg Van Avermaet, one of my favourites was born there! he's just won the Harelbeke.

Welcome to MT, sorry got a bit carried away there! :D

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi
Hello, welcome along :) Yes I have a question, why do you study Aikido?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, bro. :)

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Where are you located?
Nice gpseymore I didn't know Nihon Goshin was the style of aikido you taught. Its one of the few in the aikido world that I wouldn't mind trying out along with Yoshinkan aikido as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, welcome along :) Yes I have a question, why do you study Aikido?

Jenna..... already? I mean, his first post?

How about this one: So, you are standing there talking to a pretty girl and she's on your left on the sidewalk, she's abit between you and the busy street. A guy comes up and says something rude to her, to which she responds heatedly and the guy gets mada and grabs you by your right arm at the elbow to move you out of the way to do some sort of harm to the girl.

What do you do?

I thought I'd ask...

Latest Discussions