Need some help here.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, in our office one company has a DSL line. The other 2 of us were going to plug into a router so we could use the dsl line as well. Now, long story short. We can't get the router to work. Chuck's company tested the router before they gave it to him. It's supposedly good. I brought in brand new cat 5e patch cords. They are also good. We have tried for almost a week now. Nothing works right. We have called for help at our IT departments from our respected companies and still nothing. Frustrated to say the least. Anybody have any ideas? :asian:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
very stupid idea, but also the thing that worked when I had three PC's connected to my DSL. when I first connected the three, each wanted to use the same IP that the original PC was using. try releasing the IP's of the computers then renewing each seperately. in Win95/98, use winipcfg to view the IP settings, and in Win2k/XP, use ipconfig.

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going to let them see this monday morning and maybe we'll get something to work right.

You may also try running the configuration software that comes with most routers.
Well, that's part of our problem. Chuck's son gave it to him without a cd or any instructions. He thought that XP would recognize it and do it's thing :idunno: and obviously we are missing some pieces to the puzzle.

Thanks guys.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
On the router I use, back when I set it up, the primary ISP # it suppose to connect to would not work, so they had to assign me a new one manually. Just a thought.