A word of advice for all from Ultra-Elite & Sexy Grandmaster of Grandmasters Marnetmar(TM)

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stuff like this does not work

~Ultra-Elite & Sexy Grandmaster of Grandmasters Marnetmar(TM)
You see Marnetmar , that sequence should only be two frames long at the most.
intercept and hit.

But genuine Wing Chun which is direct and efficient , does not make for a flashy set of magazine photos that showcase your ability to play around with people's arms , instead of actually hitting them.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well one thing it does show is he did use angles. Unfortunately it also shows an indirect and non-economical uses of techniques.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Which bit?

I think the objection is to stringing all those movements together as though you could actually apply them in sequence. I have the same objection to so many demos in a variety of styles. Kenpo comes to mind right away, but it's a problem across the board. In fact, one really good Eskrima guy I work with with does this. I know him pretty well so I call him on it. His response is, "Of course it would never work out like this in a fight. It's just a way to practice flow". As long as that is understood, I don't have a problem with this kind of approach. However, IMO it doesn't fit especially well with WC.

OP
M

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mook, are you trying to tell me Wing Chun isn't Kenpo?! You're no fun!

;)

Latest Discussions