The Unstoppable starring Pietro Di Rauso

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really impressive. If he's trying to sell his ability as a fight choreographer and stunt man... he needs to learn how the camera angles work and how to sell the techniques without hurting his partners. His strikes are clearly powerless, many of the deliberate misses are obvious and revealed by the camera angles, for example.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good use of the red clothes contrasting with the black.

OP
ice84

ice84

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Like you can see Shooting and camera angle was chosen by (shooting and Mounting de Angelis).

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ice, I see very little Wing Chun here, less Wing Chun in this video than in the last video you posted. Also, I notice you've only posted when your sifu has a new video out. Are you just promoting your sifu, (i.e. spamming)? ...or do you want to join in discussions here?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't think it was that bad depending on its purpose.

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like you can see Shooting and camera angle was chosen by (shooting and Mounting de Angelis).

Part of the job of the choreographer or fight arranger is to know how the camera angles work -- and to offer guidance to the people so that the arranger's work doesn't end up looking bad. The best fight scene in the world, filmed from the wrong angles, would end up looking silly.

OP
ice84

ice84

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My Sifu has a english family so i told him i post his videos on a english forum. This is the motive i post. Mook i'm a students but i don't see only few chain punches....i invite you to test one day my Sifu. however this is a work for an italian producer so i think he decide what want to see in his production .

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Sifu has a english family so i told him i post his videos on a english forum. This is the motive i post. Mook i'm a students but i don't see only few chain punches....i invite you to test one day my Sifu. however this is a work for an italian producer so i think he decide what want to see in his production .

I'm baffled as to why you put it on the Wing Chun forum mate , because as Geezer rightly pointed out there is hardly any Wing Chun in it.

You could have put it on any other sub forum , TKD , Karate , JKD etc , no one would have been able to tell the difference.

It seems like everyday the definition of Wing Chun seems to be becoming broader and broader.
Next we'll have someone posting a Zumba clip on here and telling us that is Wing Chun , because it is their own interpretation of the Wing Chun principles.

OP
ice84

ice84

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mook if you are disturb of ti i can Also no post videos or you can Ignore no problem. The problem you know is called globalization.

and if you look better the channel you Could see videos of Wing Chun like http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9g128UQXA ecc

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mook if you are disturb of ti i can Also no post videos or you can Ignore no problem. The problem you know is called globalization.

and if you look better the channel you Could see videos of Wing Chun like http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9g128UQXA ecc

In regards to this video you have just linked , tell your Sifu to pivot with his Bong Sau so that he doesn't have to deal with the opponents second punch.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regardless of what martial art is being demonstrated ...

If you are filming an action movie sequence, make sure the camera angles are such that you can't see the punches and kicks missing by a mile. It really makes the whole thing seem much less impressive.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...if you look better the channel you Could see videos of Wing Chun like http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9g128UQXA ecc

Ice: IMO this is a much better choice of video to promote a discussion on this forum. Mook pointed out how he would use turning with the bong sao to create an advantageous angle and negate the threat of the attacker's second punch. On the other hand, I admire your sifu's relaxation and speed. Comments?

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It seems like everyday the definition of Wing Chun seems to be becoming broader and broader.

Gotten broader and muddier.

In regards to this video you have just linked , tell your Sifu to pivot with his Bong Sau so that he doesn't have to deal with the opponents second punch.

Since I'm an advocate of the economy of motion concept, pivot in with an Jum Da ... your forearm deflecting his and continue forward into a punch, bil, palm, etc. immediately launch another attack with your right.

The video is demo bong usage, but it brings in too many moves in order to effect an counter strike, just MHO

OP
ice84

ice84

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks geezer i've understood well i think everyone has own style . I just can suggest everyone to train with him for feel relaxation speed and power . In video is fast but From real is Faster .

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ice: IMO this is a much better choice of video to promote a discussion on this forum. Mook pointed out how he would use turning with the bong sao to create an advantageous angle and negate the threat of the attacker's second punch. On the other hand, I admire your sifu's relaxation and speed. Comments?

It is a pretty decent blow up on a guys video.