A Creative Way To See A Doctor

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some people who need medical care but can't afford it go to the emergency room. Others just hope they'll get better. James Richard Verone robbed a bank. Earlier this month, Verone (pictured), a 59-year-old convenience store clerk, walked into a Gastonia, N.C., bank and handed the cashier a note demanding $1 and medical attention. Then he waited calmly for police to show up.
He's now in jail and has an appointment with a doctor this week.

LINK

I'm almost speechless. The funny part is, it even makes a weird sort of sense if you are desperate, although it's hardly a sound long-term plan...

Crime hasn't gone up during the Great Recession, contrary to expectations, although I wonder if we might see a small number of these sorts of events. Truly the social safety net is full of holes if this is what some are reduced to.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LINK

I'm almost speechless. The funny part is, it even makes a weird sort of sense if you are desperate, although it's hardly a sound long-term plan...

Crime hasn't gone up during the Great Recession, contrary to expectations, although I wonder if we might see a small number of these sorts of events. Truly the social safety net is full of holes if this is what some are reduced to.
They ought to send that guy to the white house... NO not as president but TO the president to show him (and congress) how desperate people are about getting health care if they don't get off their collective asses and find a viable, workable (snicker) solution (chortle).

Latest Discussions