9/11

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I watched it all unfold from the 2nd plane on. They brought a TV into my office. I was in Albany and they shut down all state office and evacuated them as well. I had just left State security and I felt useless, even went to check to see if they needed me, and they told me I had to leave. I was the last to leave my office and I think possibly the last essential to leave Albany, or at least that is how it felt. I was the only one walking on the street, the only one on the bus and one of only a dozen I saw on the thruway going home.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Used to do volunteer work every Sept. Four sixteen hour days in a row. Just want to go home and sleep. Phone rings walking in the door, good friend, heart attack, family wants me as a a pall bearer. Turn around, go to airport, fly twelve hours to Boston.

Coming back three days later, wife calls, knows I'm burned out, wants me to stay an extra day with buddies so I can sleep, she wants me to fly out Tuesday. Can't, gotta get back to work, missed four days with volunteer gig, paid for last minute airplane ticket, 4,000 bucks (the bastards). It's the only time I ever argued with her and didn't give in.

Took the first flight west from Boston, which I always did flying out of there. Took American 11. The one my wife wanted me to take, next day's American 11, got hijacked.