57 and injury

mambi

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks to moderator for checking in as discouragement is high and quite at bottom due to knee injury(s) April right knee meniscus removal and tage 2 arthritis with partial knee replacement in a feww years recommended. August 26 Fell at work(Im a Psych Rn )and just had left knee arthroscopy Had grappling match with 120 Rottweiler after first one(mine with slight restarin 2 days followin surgery 3 Days later I ran to the rescue of female neighbor whose dog was choking on a chain, again reijured slightly delaying recovery) Yet I continue to have this notion/intuition that the best thing to do is to return and sole focus on katas. knee problems a while but seems like form practice at slow TAi chi like speed would work.. Crazy ?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread moved to Health Tips section.

MJS
MT Asst. Admin

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks to moderator for checking in as discouragement is high and quite at bottom due to knee injury(s) April right knee meniscus removal and tage 2 arthritis with partial knee replacement in a feww years recommended. August 26 Fell at work(Im a Psych Rn )and just had left knee arthroscopy Had grappling match with 120 Rottweiler after first one(mine with slight restarin 2 days followin surgery 3 Days later I ran to the rescue of female neighbor whose dog was choking on a chain, again reijured slightly delaying recovery) Yet I continue to have this notion/intuition that the best thing to do is to return and sole focus on katas. knee problems a while but seems like form practice at slow TAi chi like speed would work.. Crazy ?
No you are not crazy; these are not crazy ideas. I think you enjoy your dojo and your Kempo katas, yes? Kempo practice makes you smile, yes? Then you practice your katas at a low speed that is good for you. And you take your smile and remember that a smile is more than merely muscles tensing across your face - a smile encourages potent neurochemicals and can lower cortisone and reduce pain!! So yes do your katas slowly and with a big smile :) You do not EVER give up!! Jenna x

OP
M

mambi

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Jena/Intiution tells me to try it/ scoped left knee yesterday/Ill just double check and show physical therapist/ miss th sparring though/ Your support is good for me..

Latest Discussions