5 Tenets of TKD

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
http://www.kimsjudotkd.com/newsletters/The Five Tenets of Tae Kwon Do Intro 11pt.pdf

I read this article about the 5 Tenets of TKD and realized that my kids do a very good job of living by these. It is one of the great benefits of their journey in the Martial Arts. It does however make me look in the mirror and wonder how good a job I do of following them. Sometimes you can learn from your children. Dad needs a little humility!

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.kimsjudotkd.com/newsletters/The Five Tenets of Tae Kwon Do Intro 11pt.pdf

I read this article about the 5 Tenets of TKD and realized that my kids do a very good job of living by these. It is one of the great benefits of their journey in the Martial Arts. It does however make me look in the mirror and wonder how good a job I do of following them. Sometimes you can learn from your children. Dad needs a little humility!

It's really sad that this guy writes the article and totaly ignores that the tenets codified this way (drawn from various philosophies) was done by General Choi and even the examples he's using, the Spartans at Thermopylae was General Choi's example.

So much for the second tenet.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Need to add the article author may have been the victim of poor integrity if his sources sanitized the references to who originaly authored those materials.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Need to add the article author may have been the victim of poor integrity if his sources sanitized the references to who originaly authored those materials.

Did not know! Are there better articles out there?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some people need to remember what the Tenets are all about, it is funny Instructor teaches the tenets but yet they do not go by them in the real world.

AndyB

White Belt
Reaction score
I remember when i had my first grading i had to learn the tenets and i mixed them up with the knowledge :) :L