5 reasons TaeKwonDo as a system (not individual techniques) breaks down in a Muay Thai ring

I was reminded of this earlier today: I had this conversation with a person about five years ago - they were saying that physicians should work for free.

"But how would they pay their bills?"

"Look, those people went into that profession to save lives. If they really cared about saving people's lives they wouldn't be asking for money to do it."

"But like...where would they live?"

"They could live in the hospitals."

"Wouldn't hospitals have to charge you more then?"

"No, hospitals shouldn't charge money either."

Clearly, I was dealing with a wily genius.

I believe you Americans call it "single payer" health care. Although the doctors havent gotten homes in our version for some decades.

The key is simple, dont let your right wing politicians screw it up... like we have.

Last edited:
Money generates greed, greed generates power, power generates corruption. Human nature 101.
Except that's not actually true. You're quoting folk wisdom, which often has problems when placed under scrutiny of evidence. Greed doesn't require money, unless you define greed as "wanting more money". Power doesn't generate corruption, it only makes it more possible. Greed doesn't really generate power in any significant way, though money does in many cases.

erm...greed generates money. Money generates power.

just sayin'......

Nope. Greed needs to be nurtured from somewhere. People who have money tend to become even more greedy than those that don't

erm...greed generates money. Money generates power.

just sayin'......

Nope. Greed needs to be nurtured from somewhere. People who have money tend to become even greedy than those that don't

Money generates greed, greed generates power, power generates corruption. Human nature 101.
For some reason that post reminds me of this
image.jpg

And greed causes technically unqualified students to become black belt, then instructors, in turn teaching degraded forms of "TaeKwondo" as well as watering down the art and making it more kidfriendly

And greed causes technically unqualified students to become black belts, then instructors, and in turn teaching degraded forms of "TaeKwondo" to the new generation consistent of watered down, kidfriendly nonsense

And greed causes technically unqualified students to become black belt, then instructors, in turn teaching degraded forms of "TaeKwondo" as well as watering down the art and making it more kidfriendly
Are you familiar with the term 'non sequitur'?

Except that's not actually true. You're quoting folk wisdom, which often has problems when placed under scrutiny of evidence. Greed doesn't require money, unless you define greed as "wanting more money". Power doesn't generate corruption, it only makes it more possible. Greed doesn't really generate power in any significant way, though money does in many cases.

True. Politicians aren't corrupt at all

You asked me how it affects the techniques being taught. Do you have the short-term memory of a goldfish?
Well, I see there will be no meaningful discussion coming from you. Have fun trolling.

I think you're missing his point. He's saying poor people are often greedy too. Poor people, rich people, anybody is equally likely to be greedy.

Also, for the record, SPEED generates power. Every taekwondoin knows this. Speed. And coal.

I think you're missing his point. He's saying poor people are often greedy too. Poor people, rich people, anybody is equally likely to be greedy.

Also, for the record, SPEED generates power. Every taekwondoin knows this. Speed. And coal.

I strongly disagree

I strongly disagree

But it's true! Burning coal in a furnace is used to generate steam, which drives a turbine, which drives a generator, which generates power. Burning money would be a terribly inefficient way to generate power.
1280px-Coal_fired_power_plant_diagram.svg.png

Latest Discussions

Back