5 Animal Frolics Qigong

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was, at one time, training it; I got as far as learning the crane (1 down 4 to go). I was wondering if anyone on MT does this form of Qigong and what they think of it?

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gotta say I've not heard of it. Is it really called 5 Animal Frolics? I did some Flying Crane but I don't think it was related.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
5 animal frolic one of the oldest and popular Qigong sets.
I have done 2 version of it. There are many versions of this style because of its popularity.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
5 animal frolic one of the oldest and popular Qigong sets.
I have done 2 version of it. There are many versions of this style because of its popularity.

I knew it was rather old, I did not know there were different versions but I am not surprised to hear there are, what is your opinion of it?

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think it is a good Qigong exercise. I find it to be in the same catagory of the 8 brocade standing form in that its a general safe form for people to practice. I personally think it is one of the few Qigong forms that children can comprehend and practice.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think it is a good Qigong exercise. I find it to be in the same catagory of the 8 brocade standing form in that its a general safe form for people to practice. I personally think it is one of the few Qigong forms that children can comprehend and practice.

Thanks.

I do Ba Daun Jin standing and seated (any other qigong I do these days is directly associated with the CMA I train) but I have, for some reason, always been interested in the 5 Animal Frolics. I started learning it (only learned the crane) about a year ago but was not able to continue at that time.

Again thanks
XS

Latest Discussions