2008 AAU CMA National Championships

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This past weekend I travelled to Round Rock to compete in the 2008 AAU Chinese Martial Arts National Championships. I won Gold for Empty Hand forms, Silver for Traditional Staff forms, and Bronze for Traditional Broadsword forms. Here are the links to the events that I participated in. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

brycemaster

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Your speed and accuracy are excellent congrats on your awards!

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Great job! Forms all look great !! I liked your cool exit after doing your staff form. It was badass :) Bravo !

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've always liked Mantis forms. Well done.

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yup. We do that alot in Longfist as well. It really grabs the attention.

It's funny because I had two of our students before me did that same form, but they didnt do the ending like I did. End it with attitude!

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for the videos, masherdong. I enjoyed them. Wow, long forms. How long have your been working on the three forms?

Congratulations!

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the videos, masherdong. I enjoyed them. Wow, long forms. How long have your been working on the three forms?

Congratulations!

Thanks Lynne. Let's see.....Staff I started in April 2007, Broadsword I started in Sept 2007, and my empty hand form I started in Oct 2007. So, about a year for the empty hand form and broadsword. A year and a half for staff.

Now, I will start learning Straight Sword and another staff form called Plum Flower Stick.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks Lynne. Let's see.....Staff I started in April 2007, Broadsword I started in Sept 2007, and my empty hand form I started in Oct 2007. So, about a year for the empty hand form and broadsword. A year and a half for staff.

Now, I will start learning Straight Sword and another staff form called Plum Flower Stick.
It's obvious (very) that you've put a lot of hard work into your forms.

Do you think it will be at least a year before your compete in the new forms with the Straight Sword and Plum Flower Stick?

I've never heard of the Plum Flower Stick form. I thought it interesting that the staff forms came from the ancient Chinese farmer using a rake or hoe to defend himself. Is the Plum Flower a Chinese form with a similar history as the staff forms?

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's obvious (very) that you've put a lot of hard work into your forms.

Do you think it will be at least a year before your compete in the new forms with the Straight Sword and Plum Flower Stick?

I've never heard of the Plum Flower Stick form. I thought it interesting that the staff forms came from the ancient Chinese farmer using a rake or hoe to defend himself. Is the Plum Flower a Chinese form with a similar history as the staff forms?

Yes, it was a lot of hard work. I train 4-6 days a week for 3.5 hours each day.

For straight sword, yes it will take about a year before I even think about competing with it. As for the Plum Flower stick, not as long. Plum Flower is a chinese form. Where it originated, I dont know.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, it was a lot of hard work. I train 4-6 days a week for 3.5 hours each day.

For straight sword, yes it will take about a year before I even think about competing with it. As for the Plum Flower stick, not as long. Plum Flower is a chinese form. Where it originated, I dont know.
Thanks for the reply. Upward and onward :)

(I'm not surprised at all that you practice as much as you do. Your are an inspiration, Masherdong.)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great videos, masherdong, and congrats on the medals! Very well earned, and it does look like you put a lot into what you do.

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Straight Sword I am holding off for now. I am learning Plum Flower Stick now. I have only about 1/4 of the form. This form is a little longer than my Broadsword form....and you saw how long that was!

Latest Discussions