10 brick break

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is my friend, Luke. He's a 19 year old 2nd Dan setting his school's breaking record.

Oh, did I mention Luke has Cerebral Palsy on the right side of his body? This is what he does with his left hand!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!

But... (no offense intended) what can he do without spacers? They make breaks like that less difficult (not easier, mind you - just less difficult) and we never use them, which is why I'm asking.

Tryak

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Amazing that he was able to overcome physical limitations like that, it just shows the power of tae kwon do.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!

But... (no offense intended) what can he do without spacers? They make breaks like that less difficult (not easier, mind you - just less difficult) and we never use them, which is why I'm asking.

I don't know. I'll ask him.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Very nice... :asian: With or without spacers 10 is a lot of bricks.

At least he didn't try like these two guys... :lol:

Attachments

• $BRICK BLOOD.jpg
    $BRICK BLOOD.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 120
OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very nice... :asian: With or without spacers 10 is a lot of bricks.

At least he didn't try like these two guys... :lol:

And I won't show him these pictures. I don't want him to have any ideas:ultracool

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Amazing that he was able to overcome physical limitations like that, it just shows the power of tae kwon do.

I agree and disagree. Look, you can take the most powerful sword on the planet it is worthless if the hand weilding it doesn't have the profeciency.

Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, and Judo are no different. It is all in the mind. "Believe and Achieve" is one of the most overused terms.

However, so I don't look like a bad guy....A back story. I spent 5 yrs. in the Marines. I was a member of the All Marine Judo and Wrestling teams. I won national, international, and world competitions in both sports. Now for the caveat, I am an unemployable combat disabled veteran. I wear 2 leg braces that are custom made titanium I also have to wrap both knees, I survived 2 helicopter crashes. I went to combat on 4 continents and 1 island, I went to the olympic trials for Greco and Judo. I made it through 2 rounds and lost in the 3rd in both sports. And oh by the way I had a broken rib and taped shoulder.

It is all mental, it isn't the art......it is the knowledge and conviction. Tom you are a great instructor. Being an Instructor I understand that it isn't what you did, it is how your students do that matters.

Oh with that being said, just to make a point of dedication and desire coupled with conviction I will tell you that I am a brown belt in hapkido and tae kwon do. I have my 2nd dan in Judo and Instruct. I also have a black belt in the Marine Corps Martial Art Program.

So to reiterate, it isn't the art it is dedication and conviction of the person. Period, end of story.