Your personal weakness

• Thread starter Master of Blades
  • Start date
M

Master of Blades

I've noticed a lot of fighters when they lose tend to blame whatever weakness they happen to claim to have. Most of the time it is just bad losing but it did get me interested. A lot of my friends put it down to losing their temper or being good at one thing and not at another. So I thought to myself as to what my OWN weakness was. I think for me its the fact that I'm not good enough and need a lot more practice in seeing and seizing that. I would also like to get a LOT better at kicking because I'm not fast or precise enough with my technique etc and that usually ends up with me on the floor and I have to work pretty hard to get anywhere after that. What kinda weakness's do you guys think you have be it bad temper or just lack of concentration.

But before you guys get started I've noticed there have been a lot of needless arguments becuase of misunderstandings or just not agreeing on something. Leave them out of this thread please or else :soapbox:

:asian:

OP
M

MountainSage

There not enough space on the internet to list my weaknesses. My major concern is my lack of lung power.

Mountain Sage
:D

OP
Q

Quick Sand

I have many, many weaknesses but the one that seems to be causing the most problem right now it that I have NO BALANCE when I'm on one foot, like when I'm kicking.

I also need many years more practice. :p

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Right now in Judo I have no balance, Hari Gosh is a killer, the whole one leg thing. (A reap is an explosive action, a reap is an explosive action, a reap.....), that and my sweep timming needs mucho improvment.

In HKD flow is hard, but I know that will come in time, also taking a shot. My current method, as opposed to lying on the floor and curling up, my old one, is to kihap at impact and strike back.

And in TKD it's my flexiblity. Granted I havn't trained for two months, but..hmmm, maybe that has something to do with it.
Cheers!

OP
K

Kirk

I move too slow! I look majorly uncoordinated, and my kicks
suck. That's one thing about gaining rank, and lining up by
rank. Often I'm stuck up in the front row, and have to look at my
sorry butt in the mirror!

I move rike a monkey with a crub foot! <-- anyone know what
movie?

OP
E

Eraser

Originally posted by fist of fury
Chocolate

LOL... who's isn't??????????

Actually I have dizziness issues.. and unfortunatly for me.. they will never go away.. I suffered a major ear infection about 3 yrs ago.. and it threw off my equalibriem (sp???) and its a permanent condition.. SO i just deal with it the best i can!!:rolleyes:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My weakness at times is not losing enough weight in time for a tourney, thus I end up being placed in a higher weight division where my opponents are always bigger and taller. :(

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by fist of fury
Chocolate

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ditto

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In general for Kenpo training right now would be my fitness. In sparring would be attacks from the left side. I'm blind in my left eye so my field of vision on that side is really cut short. :(

But heck that's only the tip of the iceberg. I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and ........... you get the idea. ;)

Dot

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I stumbled onto this thread and it intrigued me. I love doing these kinds of cycles. Recently at a seminar in Michigan, I taught a number of private lessons based on "When you spar, what is it about your sparring tha makes you go Aaauuuggghhh the most?" And then I went ot work. On technical sparring matters, if you want to email me with your problem, I'll take a stab at handling it. What have you got to lose?

Yours,
Dan Anderson

PS - A number of the posts above are answered in the books I have written.

OP
A

Astra

There's a lot, but what I definately need to improve on more then some other things would be kicks, beeing a bit more accurate without becoming tense again and controlling my body at high speed. Ofcourse, my left elbow and right knee injuries that have bugged me for the last 3 months do not help :/ Still haven't managed to see a doctor, shortest line is 2 months away ffs!! Bleh what do I pay for?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson
Hi Folks,
I stumbled onto this thread and it intrigued me. I love doing these kinds of cycles. Recently at a seminar in Michigan, I taught a number of private lessons based on "When you spar, what is it about your sparring tha makes you go Aaauuuggghhh the most?" And then I went ot work. On technical sparring matters, if you want to email me with your problem, I'll take a stab at handling it. What have you got to lose?

Yours,
Dan Anderson

PS - A number of the posts above are answered in the books I have written.

Dan,

I never saw in any of your books the answer to the Chocolate weakness. Did I miss it??? :D

To everyone,

My weakness is me. ;) And it changes from day to day just like me. Yet if I had to give just one I would have to say the popular vote here of Chocolate.

(* Kaith we need a Chocolate eating Smiley *)

OP
K

Kiz Bell

My main weaknesses or faults are laziness and procrastination. These lead to sooooo many other faults in my training I'm not even going to start list them here.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kiz Bell
My main weaknesses or faults are laziness and procrastination. These lead to sooooo many other faults in my training I'm not even going to start list them here.

Yup, this explains why I don't get the weight off before tourney time...:mad:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My weakness is that my left side isn't equal to my right. What I mean is my left kicks, punches and so forth are not equally balanced.:( I find the same thing while lifting weights as well. And I would also like to spend more time praciticing.;)

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Quick Sand wrote:
I have many, many weaknesses but the one that seems to be causing the most problem right now it that I have NO BALANCE when I'm on one foot, like when I'm kicking.

I also need many years more practice. :p

Yes, it takes practice. My balance was .... well, much to be desired. I practiced at it by kicking slow motion and balancing on one foot. I used a chair to hold on to, at first. Then used a wall, then nothing but balance.

Dan,

I have balance, coordination, flexibility, technique, and power. But my speed sucks. Any advice?

OP
M

MartialArtist

My weakness is that I don't want to fight in a linear fashion. I like to move in circles, use footwork, etc. to set up my attacks better while defending.

Latest Discussions