You only live twice

MMcGuirk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you guys are really interested in seeing a movie about Ninja and having Hatsumi Sensei/Takamatsu Sensei as the adivsors check this movie out:

http://www.amazon.com/Shinobi-No-Mono-Raizo-Ichikawa/dp/B000TXNDSY

On the updated DVD there are English subtitles and the fights are not as cheesy as in the Bond movie. In fact, the moves look pretty darn familiar! ( BTW, I do think Sean Connery is the best Bond! The new guy is pretty good too, the rest you can have.)

Also there are extras on the DVD which give background on the advisor "Yoshiaki Hatsumi". I think that's the name he used.

This is a series and if memory serves only the first movie involved Hatsumi Sensei and I think they mention something about "You Only Live Twice" and the underground train scene he was supposed to be in.

Sorry I'm not going to go home and load the DVD to copy what it says for here. :p

Get the movie or rent it, it's pretty good. For those in America, I've seen it on IFC, independent film channel, when they used to have "Samurai Saturday".

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The pinky thing was a habit of Lorne Michaels, the producer of Saturday Night Live. Mike Meyers was making fun of his old boss.....:lfao:

While Hatsumi sensei served as an advisor on the set, and had a brief acting role, it's noteworthy that Donn Draeger, the well known martial arts historian and kiyoshi menkyo of the Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu, was credited as Martial Arts Coordinator, and acted as Sean Connery's stunt double.

No doubt about it that Donn Draeger was the driving force behind the martial arts scenes.
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions