YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! KKW 17th F.I.C.

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow. I never thought that this many people would read and respond to this post. I just got back from Belize (Which was awesome) and have had time to reconsider my original post. While I still feel that most of what I said was true, to me anyway, I think I need to add to it in a more positive way...
1. The speakers were knowledgeable in their respective fields, we were just not expecting to hear what they were saying.
2. The USTC did attempt to run a good course.
3. I got to learn from everyone there. Some showed me what I can work on to be a better teacher/dojang owner. Some showed me what not to do. One showed me what it means to sell out.
4. Twin fist does not like/respect the art that someone was crazy enough to give him a 4th dan in. Quit knocking TKD and go to the Kenpo section.
5. The people I spent time with were all awesome and I cant wait to see them again.

Last edited:

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4vqL78Vzfo&feature=player_embedded

This is the video which Master Chan Lee played in his presentation at the FIC. It is about his young student with cerebral palsy learning how to walk.

This video shows the AWESOME potential that our students possess as well as the positive influence we can have as instructors. Lately there's been some pointed discussions which have not demonstrated two of the tenets many Taekwondoin recite in their classes: courtesy and self-control. Watch this video and try to deny that you as an instructor or a senior student are not a role model. Then remember those tenets are not just a couple of words in a sales pitch.

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I know that I am Awesome!!!!!! So is everyone else....except for twinfist:)

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and your mother!

oh wait, she is Awesome!
the-gimp.gif

:lfao:

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Same person, his bio is right there:
Eighth Dan
Chairman of TaeHoKwan School

- 8th Degree Black Belt, Certified by Kukkiwon
- Master, World TaeKwonDo School
- Director, Seoul TaeKwonDo Association
- Director, Kyunghee University TaeKwonDo
- President, The World Junior TaeKwonDo Assoc.
- Instructor Certified by Kukkiwon
- Certified in Sports Massage

Clearly his family is smart enough to have him be involved with their school. That kind of marketing makes more sense than Tae Kwon Do dance does to me.

He also just took gold in the international championships.

Dave O.

Last edited:

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
huh!
Very cool.
Wonder if he ever teaches there.

So does anyone know if we are supposed to get another certificate from the seminar, or if the one we got is "the certficate". Not that it even effects my life, I just still wonder if the Kukkiwon recognizes us as passing the course....let me rephrase that- do they recognize us as even taking THE course...

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
As I understood it Bruce Harris with the USTC was going to handle getting the cards out to those that passed and are 4th dans or higher. 3rd Dans will be registered and can contact him upon being promoted at which time a card is created. Below 3rd dan receives a course completion certificate as we all did but gets no real registry with the Kukkiwon regarding certification.
Long answer short is you should receive a card as you did for your rank showing certification.
Dave O.

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
huh!
Very cool.

I was wondering the same thing. Wouldn't ot be great if MT members could all get together in a purely (no politics, power struggles, etc.) poomsae seminar taught by grandmaster Ahn. If he has connections with a school in Indiana this could be done.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
huh!
Very cool.

So does anyone know if we are supposed to get another certificate from the seminar, or if the one we got is "the certficate". Not that it even effects my life, I just still wonder if the Kukkiwon recognizes us as passing the course....let me rephrase that- do they recognize us as even taking THE course...

There is a separate certificate of qualification which comes 2-3 months after the course.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Wouldn't ot be great if MT members could all get together in a purely (no politics, power struggles, etc.) poomsae seminar taught by grandmaster Ahn. If he has connections with a school in Indiana this could be done.

That would be awesome!!!
Although I would be just as happy with a seminar from Master Southwick :)

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have received the first piece of junk mail that I can directly connect to the KKW 17th F.I.C.: A 2010 calendar from the Korea Tourism Organization. It's actually cool, though. Nice pictures from the Korean countryside.