Yellow Book Commercial

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Yellow Book for using martial arts in one of their tv ads. Have any of you seen it. It's priceless! A kid comes home from school with under wear stretched out from what appears to be massive wedgie. He comes home looking sad from the abuse, goes to a cool computer and types in martial arts. So, my fellow martial artist, whats your take on that Commercial. It is free advertising for martial arts schools.

Live Long and Prosper

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It helped me find a new school.

:uhyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have seen martial arts appear in various commercials over the years and generally I am glad about it. It helps give visibility to martial arts which helps its growth.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a cute ad. Was your student the kid, or one of the various instructors shown?

OP
Kwanjang

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Neither. I have seen that tv spot like ten times today. I say keep running it, since I advertise in Yellow Book. :lol:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes Martial Arts have gone main steam now, commercial schools everywhere and 1 year Black Belts. God Bless our society for letting this happen.:soapbox::erg:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The ad itself is nice.
icon6.gif
(even though I agree with Terry above)

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes Martial Arts have gone main steam now, commercial schools everywhere and 1 year Black Belts. God Bless our society for letting this happen.:soapbox::erg:

Not a big deal to me if that happens. 1 year black belts. It is their butts that get wasted when they attempt things outside their skill level. I have enough sense to train properly. I am not concerned with how a outsider views my martial art because as long as I am confident in it's usage I am happy with that. I would also rather that than having it fade away into obscurity. There is always gonna be people that dilute MA and use it to make a buck. It is unavoidable on this capitalist planet.

Latest Discussions