WSLVT

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never denied that this is possible. Unlikely but possible. If true what would it change?

What do you mean "what would it change"????!!!!!!! Your entire premise this whole time has been that WSL taught exactly what Ip Man taught. Yet you say that you have come across no other Ip Man student that taught exactly what WSL taught....and in fact that ALL of them teach a "broken" version of Wing Chun. When it has been pointed that the differences you see may be due to WSL himself refining or updating the system based on is own talent and experience you have vehemently denied that possibility as so unlikely as to not even being willing to consider it. And now you say "If true what would it change?"!!! It would negate your entire argument thus far! That is what it would change! :rolleyes:

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When it has been pointed that the differences you see may be due to WSL himself refining or updating the system based on is own talent and experience you have vehemently denied that possibility as so unlikely as to not even being willing to consider it.

Why consider something unlikely to be as important as something likely in terms of considering what (probably) happened? And why relegate something unlikely to impossible when it is only unlikely?

Wouldn't make any sense, on either count.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Classic case of not being able to come out on top in a discussion, so back-pedaling a bit to suggest that you weren't completely opposed to what the other side was saying all along! :rolleyes:

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Classic case of not being able to come out on top in a discussion, so back-pedaling a bit to suggest that you weren't completely opposed to what the other side was saying all along! :rolleyes:

I fully embrace everything I have said and it isn't like I haven't said it before. Are you saying that you disagree with giving more weight to the theory that is more likely and less to that which is not? Are you saying that something unlikely should be considered impossible, rather than just unlikely?

Like Geezer you seem to have a mind that cannot tolerade ambiguity.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could it be said that this thread has also degenerated into some people (not naming names) not being on their "best behavior?"

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What do you mean "what would it change"????!!!!!!! Your entire premise this whole time has been that WSL taught exactly what Ip Man taught. Yet you say that you have come across no other Ip Man student that taught exactly what WSL taught....and in fact that ALL of them teach a "broken" version of Wing Chun. When it has been pointed that the differences you see may be due to WSL himself refining or updating the system based on is own talent and experience you have vehemently denied that possibility as so unlikely as to not even being willing to consider it. And now you say "If true what would it change?"!!! It would negate your entire argument thus far! That is what it would change! :rolleyes:

Thanks for jumping in KPM.

As to "if true what it would change?" Before it had been proven to be incorrect a few centuries ago, people believes the world is square, if you sail or go pass any sides, you would fall off the face of the earth, now we can go safely round and round and round the world ... HEY WAITA MINUTE ... sure sound like some of the threads lately!;)

Reactions: KPM

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think the way WSL guys go forward is an easy way to get ko'd. How do you guys prevent that?

LFJ

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you certain that's what he meant?

That's where his experience with WSLVT was, and we've had the discussion before.

Walking straight into round punches? We prevent it by not doing that.

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's where his experience with WSLVT was, and we've had the discussion before.

Walking straight into round punches? We prevent it by not doing that.

Every wsl lineage iv seen goes forward in the same way. Not everyone throws a round punch on the first go and it doesn't have to be a round punch that hits you, any angle could clock you while going forward like that.

You act like PB has the best fighting system but all the videos of him are chi sao which is nothing like fighting at all

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Every wsl lineage iv seen goes forward in the same way. Not everyone throws a round punch on the first go and it doesn't have to be a round punch that hits you, any angle could clock you while going forward like that.

Which WSL VT lineages go forward "like that". What do you mean by "like that"?

you act like PB has the best fighting system but all the videos of him are chi sao which is nothing like fighting at all

PB is one of the best exponents of VT. Why are you judging his fighting ability on videos of chi sau? I suggest meeting up if you are interested.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...PB is one of the best exponents of VT. Why are you judging his fighting ability on videos of chi sau? I suggest meeting up if you are interested.

Odd response. I took the Dude's comment simply to mean that there aren't any PB-VT fighting videos posted. Didn't read anything in his post that was negative about the quality of PB's chi sau. He simply implied that fighting and chi sau are very different. Haven't you said as much?

Reactions: KPM

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which WSL VT lineages go forward "like that". What do you mean by "like that"?

PB is one of the best exponents of VT. Why are you judging his fighting ability on videos of chi sau? I suggest meeting up if you are interested.

Think you confuse fighting ability that is something can be taught. It is intrinsic IMHO. Hone skills through drills and training, but you are either a fighter or not. Do you truely appreciate what it is, to harm to another human being?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Think you confuse fighting ability that is something can be taught. It is intrinsic IMHO. Hone skills through drills and training, but you are either a fighter or not. Do you truely appreciate what it is, to harm to another human being?

I think I agree. And I'm not a fighter by temperament. Although there are a few times when I did want to harm people ...the moments quickly passed. Anyway I sense that you do have the "fighter" in you, which is one reason I value your posts.

Not so sure about some of the other know-it-all keyboard warriors posting here. ;)

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Didn't read anything in his post that was negative about the quality of PB's chi sau. He simply implied that fighting and chi sau are very different. Haven't you said as much?

It is a criticism of the opinion that PB is good:

"you act like PB has the best fighting system but all the videos of him are chi sao which is nothing like fighting"

He's saying that we shouldn't be of the opinion that PB is good until we have videos of PB fighting which show that he is good at fighting. Videos of chi sau don't cut it.

Well I would agree, but there are obviously other ways to find out about PB if anyone is interested in doing so

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

:facepalm: