Woman Uses 'Because I'm Pretty' Sign To Deter Police Stops

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BELLEVUE, Wash. -- A woman is using a sign written on the back window of her car to stop what she said are unwarranted traffic stops made because she is attractive.

KIRO 7 reporter Deborah Horne was eating dinner with her photographer in Bellevue last night when she saw the message, "Attention police, do not pull me over just because I'm pretty" on a car parked near Bellevue Square.

Horne approached the woman, who asked to be identified only as Dasha. She said police have stopped her more than 30 times in Bellevue, Kirkland and Seattle and have never given her a citation.

Dasha said since her friends wrote the message on her window a month ago, she has not been stopped by officers.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/20810835/detail.html

LOL and WTF.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not that pretty, if you go to the original clip. I put that on my car and haven't been pulled over in 10 years. :troll:

Egad! I'm starting to sound like Gary Brewer! :lol::lol::lol:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty enough I do have to say. Not to my taste mind you, a bit too apple-cheeked for me but she certainly would get your attention ... especially in an open-topped Aston Martin {tho that might be the car getting the attention in that case :D}.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not that pretty, if you go to the original clip. I put that on my car and haven't been pulled over in 10 years. :troll:

Egad! I'm starting to sound like Gary Brewer! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I thought she looked pretty good. Clearly has an ego to match, driving around with a sign like that on her car, but still, really cute.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
At first I thought it was my cousin until I saw she was in Washington and she is not there. Maybe my cousin should carry a sign like that the next time she goes through airport security because they ALWAYS stop her for additional checking

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think a similar sign, but instead reading "because I'm fugly" would probably work for me. What cop would want to look at me?

OP
blindsage

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe she gets pulled over a lot because she's a dangerous, aggressive driver and gets out of the tickets because she's pretty. But that's as good a guess as 'I get pulled over because I'm pretty.'

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll bet her boyfriend/husband/male relatives just hate to borrow her car.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My pride is hurt....I haven't been pulled over in twenty years!! Maybe a lawsuit is in order....:)

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Getting "stopped because shes pretty" and "getting out of a ticket because shes pretty" are two different things.

If she was being stopped for no valid reason she should be filing complaints...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Getting "stopped because shes pretty" and "getting out of a ticket because shes pretty" are two different things.

Bingo.

I want one that says "Please don't pull me over because I work 2nd shift" or maybe "We aren't the drunks you're looking for" :lfao: (kidding)

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Pro'lly gonna get my beautoks in trouble here, but some y'all are taken' this way to serial! LOL!

I'd date her because she's cute, but

a) She'd have to like stable, genteel men.
b) Not make me drive that freakin' car.
c) My lovely wife would have to give me permission, and suspect theres zip to null chance of that!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROFLKLITA! Aye, that third item on the agenda is a show stopper for sure :D.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe she gets pulled over a lot because she's a dangerous, aggressive driver and gets out of the tickets because she's pretty. But that's as good a guess as 'I get pulled over because I'm pretty.'

That's kind of my thinking, too...

I'm betting she's a pretty crappy driver, and wouldn't be at all surprised if she does the tears and "but I've never gotten a ticket" act...

And has probably exaggerated the number of times & places she's been stopped.

Personally... an attitude like that message suggests would pretty much guarantee a ticket from me. But that's partly because I had a friend in high school who got stopped something like 7 times before she was finally cited... because she did the whole tears and "I've never gotten a ticket" thing. Meanwhile, I got stopped twice... and got cited each time.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pretty enough I do have to say. Not to my taste mind you, a bit too apple-cheeked for me :D}.
Look below her chin.

She might have been tired of cops pulling her over and opening their fly and having her take a breath-analyzer tests. :rolleyes:

But this guy... gee... http://www.kirotv.com/video/20810846/index.html
I hope they don't... spank him to make him pay his fines!

Last edited:

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Police officers...JUST WANT A CLOSER LOOK .....stopping them to get there Name and NUNBERS....

...anyone got a blue light?

Aloha,

Latest Discussions