Wing chun vs mma reaction

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
If any of you happen to like listening to announcers during sports, try figuring out why and see if that applies to reaction videos.

The only sport I really watch at all is motor racing, and for that the commentary is useful for keeping up with what's happening in the sections that aren't on screen at the time.

All in all, a different situation to both reaction vids and other sports commentary :D

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
My assumption is people like reaction videos for the same reason that they like watching a baseball game with announcers

Thinking about it...

I think reaction videos are more akin to the post match analysis (as I mentioned) than in game commentary.

And yes, I consider them different.

As I said about motor racing, for F1 we usually get the race (with commentary) followed by a separate reaction programme.

I never watch the reaction.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There's no reason at all for me not to be honest.
Unfortunately this often comes with age, with a side order of pimp slap and a sprinkle of I don't give a damn,...lol.

I guess after life has had time to beat you up, we just don't have the energy to be other than honest.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately this often comes with age, with a side order of pimp slap and a sprinkle of I don't give a damn,...lol.

I guess after life has had time to beat you up, we just don't have the energy to be other than honest.

Yep.

It's not like I'll lie for the purpose of putting someone down, but I won't lie to spare feelings either.

Someone asks for an opinion, that's what they get - if they choose to take offence that's up to them ;)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score

Indeed. It's just too damn tiresome to spend your life tiptoeing around on eggshells.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK. But if a subject doesn't interest you
You don't have to jump up and down about it.

Engaging in a conversation to say how much you don't want to engage in a conversation makes you sound like a duchebag.
Maybe but meh I can live with it. I'm sure people have thought the same about you a few times

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I never heard of reaction videos. I feel like I've learned something.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I never heard of reaction videos. I feel like I've learned something.
And this is how I know that I am not as old as you. Lol. Good news is that you are learning something new. There are 3 sides to why people would make this type of video.
1. Attention
2. Money (by getting paid from you tube)
3. Narcissist with free time on their hands.

#1 and #2 are probably the most common as people try to get paid by youtube when a videos gets lots of hits.

Latest Discussions