Wing Chun-Insider information

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but based who's principles. They change from person to person. So what is the point in debating something that is not going to be debated, just based on a set of principles that are not open to interpretation, but obviously are lol. Dear oh dear.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah, but based who's principles. They change from person to person. So what is the point in debating something that is not going to be debated, just based on a set of principles that are not open to interpretation, but obviously are lol. Dear oh dear.

There are certain basic principles that make Wing Chun (or any specific style for that matter) what it is. Go away from those basic principles and you have something that is no longer Wing Chun

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There are certain basic principles that make Wing Chun (or any specific style for that matter) what it is. Go away from those basic principles and you have something that is no longer Wing Chun
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Without central principles a good art like wing chun is just a word

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly. It is all Wing Chun. So if I get this right, the Wing Chun mentioned is Wing Chun according to whom says it is because it the basic basic principles. Fair enough. The linages that seem to veer away from those basic principles (again if I have this right) are not considred traditional Wing Chun. Fair enough, but who has the right around here to say yay or nay. It is like saying that geezers collie is not the same breed just because the other collie has a black spot. Same breed but not the same tradition. Same principle of genetics because both are collies.

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
It is like saying that geezers collie is not the same breed just because the other collie has a black spot. Same breed but not the same tradition. Same principle of genetics because both are collies.

My teacher used to have a saying "If I give you a horse don't give me back a mule." Some principles aren't up for interpretation ;)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My teacher used to have a saying "If I give you a horse don't give me back a mule." Some principles aren't up for interpretation ;)

Yeah I agree. Just seems like some members believe they are.

a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behaviour or for a chain of reasoning.

Just saying :)

wingchunguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

This Video will reveal the inner workings of the Wing Chun system. What some might call, secrets of the systems!!

Right, Quan Sao, there are NO SECRET MOVES in wing chun. The only moves that people consider "Secret" are the ones they don't know because their CRAPPY MODIFIED SYSTEM doesn't teach it to them! I take TRADITIONAL wing chun, and it is a COMPLETE system, and has all the key elements that make wing chun work left in. This is NOT the case in modified. As the name suggests, it is missing elements like proper footwork (the circle inside the triangle), PROPER way to close the distance (using initial contact to either push the opponent's hand past his center, causing an opening you can exploit, or you can either maintain contact and close the distance or if contact is broken and you are close enough, ENTER IN and trap the arm and leg and finish the fight), and the TEN CONCEPTS, which, many of you do not know, is the GUIDELINE for the proper application of wing chun in a fight or self defense scenario. Without the ten concepts, your wing chun will be stiff, rigid and LIMITED IN IT'S RESPONSES! This is why ALL ten concept must be used EVERY TIME YOU DO YOUR WING CHUN! This allows flexibility in your response, and allows you to go up against ANY system, even one you have never seen before, effectively, as long as you adhere to the ten concepts, and know the whole system, including the aforementioned proper footwork and proper way to close the distance, using an ANGLED step with a body rotation square, to the outside of the attacking arm, putting you out of reach of his counter and putting you in a great position to counter. Those "secret moves" they are talking about comes from the third form, bil sau. It is the "EMERGENCY" form that gets you out of severe trouble when you either make a mistake, or you have been hurt, and allows you, hopefully, to go home in one piece. The reason why they say it's secret is because most do not get that far in their training to learn this, along with the locks and throws, weapons, and the new wing chun grappling system called Biu Jitsu, based on the same third form.

JPinAZ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
....and the TEN CONCEPTS, which, many of you do not know, is the GUIDELINE for the proper application of wing chun in a fight or self defense scenario. Without the ten concepts, your wing chun will be stiff, rigid and LIMITED IN IT'S RESPONSES! This is why ALL ten concept must be used EVERY TIME YOU DO YOUR WING CHUN!

So, if I have this straight, without your preferred (superior?) method and without your secret 10 commandments - sorry - CONCEPTS that 'many of us' apparently do not know, all of 'our' WC is stiff, rigid and limited.
Lol, thanks, good to know. :rolleyes:

And I wonder how many of these people here you just insulted practice what you term as this 'crappy modified system'. Not a good way to make friends around here bro. Looking forward to the responses you get to that bunch of, well, I'll keep my opinion to myself...

Last edited:

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Right, Quan Sao, there are NO SECRET MOVES in wing chun. The only moves that people consider "Secret" are the ones they don't know because their CRAPPY MODIFIED SYSTEM doesn't teach it to them! I take TRADITIONAL wing chun, and it is a COMPLETE system, and has all the key elements that make wing chun work left in. This is NOT the case in modified. As the name suggests, it is missing elements like proper footwork (the circle inside the triangle), PROPER way to close the distance (using initial contact to either push the opponent's hand past his center, causing an opening you can exploit, or you can either maintain contact and close the distance or if contact is broken and you are close enough, ENTER IN and trap the arm and leg and finish the fight), and the TEN CONCEPTS, which, many of you do not know, is the GUIDELINE for the proper application of wing chun in a fight or self defense scenario. Without the ten concepts, your wing chun will be stiff, rigid and LIMITED IN IT'S RESPONSES! This is why ALL ten concept must be used EVERY TIME YOU DO YOUR WING CHUN! This allows flexibility in your response, and allows you to go up against ANY system, even one you have never seen before, effectively, as long as you adhere to the ten concepts, and know the whole system, including the aforementioned proper footwork and proper way to close the distance, using an ANGLED step with a body rotation square, to the outside of the attacking arm, putting you out of reach of his counter and putting you in a great position to counter. Those "secret moves" they are talking about comes from the third form, bil sau. It is the "EMERGENCY" form that gets you out of severe trouble when you either make a mistake, or you have been hurt, and allows you, hopefully, to go home in one piece. The reason why they say it's secret is because most do not get that far in their training to learn this, along with the locks and throws, weapons, and the new wing chun grappling system called Biu Jitsu, based on the same third form.

You thirsty bro?

Attachments

• fingery.jpg
    fingery.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 120

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I wonder how many of these people here you just insulted

I'm afraid it's not just on here, his diatribes against MMA people are very disrespectful and frankly quite nasty. Perhaps what we have is a troll?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Biu Jitsu? Why Jitsu, that is not Chinese, its Japanese.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No, no, no... I disagree to agree. And if your WC training was any good you would know that in any WC discussion disagreement is essential!! :wacky:
I agree with you today, but I reserve my right to disagree with you if I can find any good reason not to agree with you in the future.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Confucius had said, "If I give you a table leg, you should figure out the other 3 table legs and give me back a full table.

When my teacher gives me a horse, I want to give him back a "flying horse - horse with wings". IMO, all "principles" can be expanded.

For example, the

- sticky hands training can be expanded into "clinch" training.
- wooden dummy training can be expanded into throwing dummy training.
- double Tan Shou can be expanded into "rhino guard".
- Bon Shou can be expanded into "crazy monkey".
- Fu Shou can be expanded into wrist grabbing.
- "protect center from inside out" can be expanded into "protect center from outside in".

A + B > A, and A + B still have everything that A has.

Last edited:

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Biu Jitsu? Why Jitsu, that is not Chinese, its Japanese.
Sounds like a poor attempt at marketing? I do "crappy modified Wing Chun" . I love it! The word modified actually sounds better IMO. Sounds very powerful and fast?

Example:
I have a "modified" Corvette with a Blower, tubbed rear-end on slicks with a wheelie bar.

Or

I a have traditional Corvette that's turd brown with miss matched tires and runs on 7 cylinders?

I don't know about you WingChunGuy but, the Modified example sounds way cooler?

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For example, the

- sticky hands training can be expanded into "clinch" training.
- wooden dummy training can be expanded into throwing dummy training.
- Fu Shou can be expanded into wrist grabbing.
- "protect center from inside out" can be expanded into "protect center from outside in".

Some of these are obvious to basic wing chun IMO. It doesn't warrant an "expansion". It already is / does.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds like a poor attempt at marketing? I do "crappy modified Wing Chun" . I love it! The word modified actually sounds better IMO. Sounds very powerful and fast?

Example:
I have a "modified" Corvette with a Blower, tubbed rear-end on slicks with a wheelie bar.

Or

I a have traditional Corvette that's turd brown with miss matched tires and runs on 7 cylinders?

I don't know about you WingChunGuy but, the Modified example sounds way cooler?

The group I use to train Wing Chun with had similar kicks from the ground, it was just not separate, it was all part of what came from their teacher who was a student of Leung Sheung

Last edited:

Latest Discussions