why was this person banned?

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can be known to post controversal issues, but it is out of great appreciation to read someone's opposing, or supporting views.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know how much information is available publically, but can anyone tell me what happened to a few of our users?

Loki09789 = banned user

rmcrobertson = account suspended - now closed

Robert Rouuselot = account suspended - now closed

One kinda develops a relationship with people on MT, maybe not in a traditional friendship, but something...and when people you respect leave, it can only leave one wondering...and feeling a little dissappointed.

Any help to set my mind at ease would be appreciated...

John

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss Loki09789 and also Michigan TKD. Maybe testosterone got the better of them. ??? TW

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Both Roberts were old and experienced martial artists, I'm very disappointed to see them choose to leave.

OP
K

Kempogeek

TigerWoman said:
I miss Loki09789 and also Michigan TKD. Maybe testosterone got the better of them. ??? TW
A couple of months back it took me a while to realize that I haven't see MichiganTKD post anything. So I was very surprised to see that he was a banned user. Im going to miss his anti Pres. Bush picture. :cool:.......Steve

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will leave the reasons behind the recent suspensions/accounts closed for a more senior staff member to answer, but I will say this. In thread warnings are posted in threads that are getting heated, when sniping occurs, etc. When those warnings go ignored, the thread usually gets locked and goes under an Admin. review. It is usually then that problem user(s) get a vacation, be it a short one or a permanent one.

I hope that this answered some questions.

Mike

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
I will leave the reasons behind the recent suspensions/accounts closed for a more senior staff member to answer, but I will say this. In thread warnings are posted in threads that are getting heated, when sniping occurs, etc. When those warnings go ignored, the thread usually gets locked and goes under an Admin. review. It is usually then that problem user(s) get a vacation, be it a short one or a permanent one.

I hope that this answered some questions.

Mike
Mike. I understand that there is a code of conduct on Martial talk and value that, and considering warnings are given I think it is quite fair.

Yet on the other hand it can be entertaining when the discussion gets heated, makes for an interesting read (lol).

I Also think it is a shame when Banned User's like, Robert Rouuselot, and other's who have much to share and contribute to this forum are no longer active on this forum..........(truly a shame).

Although respect the decision.

One has to value any person, that say's what he mean's, and mean's what he say's.

Cheer's

Hammer

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hammer said:
Yet on the other hand it can be entertaining when the discussion gets heated, makes for an interesting read (lol).

There are some subjects that certainly can get more heated than others. Political views is one that would fit this category. It is often hard at times to put what we're thinking online and at the same time, making sure that everyone reading it will understand. As entertaining as it may seem, when the personal shots start to fly, it does not make for a friendly discussion. Take a look at some threads in the Study...I'm sure you can see what I'm talking about.

I Also think it is a shame when Banned User's like, Robert Rouuselot, and other's who have much to share and contribute to this forum are no longer active on this forum..........(truly a shame).

RR was not banned. He requested his acct. to be closed. I'm sure if he contacted the Admins. and wanted his acct. open, they just may do it.

Mike

hammer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Mike,

It is often hard at times to put what we're thinking online and at the same time, making sure that everyone reading it will understand.
The above comment was said in jest,
smile.gif
but thankyou for sharing I see what you mean.

Cheers

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loki09789 = banned user

rmcrobertson = account suspended - now closed

Robert Rouuselot = account suspended - now closed

Without going into the specifics, Mr. Martin's account was banned after being suspended. Mr. Robertson requested his account be closed as he did not agree with the terms of his recent suspention, and Mr. Rouuselot requested his account be closed, but had not been suspended prior to it.

We don't like to suspend people, and I honestly hate banning anyone, but it happens unforunately. Sometimes we run into situations where people think because they have X years in, that somehow makes them exempt from correction or that they don't have to listen to a moderator who is their junior in the arts. It don't work that way. Others skim that line between "within the rules" and "needs a swift kick" so often that it disrupts things. We've had at more than 1 case where when we sent out a simple warning (not a suspension mind you, just a "hey, that was too much, lets not do it again" note), the individual got incredibly huffy and how dare we say such things to him, don't we know what he's done for the arts, etc etc and demanded his account be closed because we obviously weren't worth his time. If I posted some of the back n forths we've had with some of these banned users, people would be amazed at the egos involved. I'm not saying this was the case in these particular cases.

Ya get a warning, take it for what it is. A reminder that you went a little too far.
If you get suspended, take it like a pro. It's usually only for a week. You may not agree with it. Thats ok. But be polite when you disagree. Some of the bans were people who just went nuts when they got a week off, and decided to argue using Kinison-Ryu. (Thats screaming and throwing things)

I Also think it is a shame when .. User's ... who have much to share and contribute to this forum are no longer active on this forum
I agree. I've had differences in the past with both Roberts, but am sorry to see them go. I've said that about alot of folks closed and banned.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
We've had at more than 1 case where when we sent out a simple warning (not a suspension mind you, just a "hey, that was too much, lets not do it again" note), the individual got incredibly huffy and how dare we say such things to him, don't we know what he's done for the arts, etc etc and demanded his account be closed because we obviously weren't worth his time. If I posted some of the back n forths we've had with some of these banned users, people would be amazed at the egos involved. I'm not saying this was the case in these particular cases.
Unfortunately, even legitimate, traditional, high ranked martial artists are sometimes EGOMANIACS. IMHO, there have been several on this board who have had such an incredibly high opinion of themselves and such contempt for others that, despite their knowledge and experience, the discourse here is better off without their presence.

Just serves as a reminder to the rest of us that physical mastery doesn't always equate to mental mastery - or even basic maturity. Besides, most honest instructors will admit that they often learn as much from their white belts as from their seniors. Hard to do that if you insist on always being the "Master"...

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
So, when you cut through all the PC crap, the bottom line is, they were banned for being self-centered *******s.

Works for me.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bester said:
So, when you cut through all the PC crap, the bottom line is, they were banned for being self-centered *******s.

Works for me.
If that were the only criteria it would be awful quiet around here...

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Unfortunately, even legitimate, traditional, high ranked martial artists are sometimes EGOMANIACS. IMHO, there have been several on this board who have had such an incredibly high opinion of themselves and such contempt for others that, despite their knowledge and experience, the discourse here is better off without their presence.

Just serves as a reminder to the rest of us that physical mastery doesn't always equate to mental mastery - or even basic maturity. Besides, most honest instructors will admit that they often learn as much from their white belts as from their seniors. Hard to do that if you insist on always being the "Master"...

I agree 100% with that, well said.

Franco

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Tgace said:
If that were the only criteria it would be awful quiet around here...
On any forum in fact.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Even legitimate, traditional, high ranked martial artists are sometimes EGOMANIACS. Several on this board who have had such an incredibly high opinion of themselves and such contempt for others that, despite their knowledge and experience, the discourse here is better off without their presence.

Physical mastery doesn't always equate to mental mastery - or even basic maturity. Most quality ,honest instructors will admit that they often learn as much from their white belts as from their seniors. Hard to do that if you insist on always being the "Master"...
I'll add, that I too agree with what you posted!!

As to the last line in Bold........ not only did some of these guys insist on constantly reminding us that they are "upper ranks" (or at least in the opinion of their promoting instructor):) and [many feel as if the "stripes" are the sole contributing factor universally accepted to actual seniority in the Art :uhyeah:
which it is NOT] they also insist on pushing their personal views on everyone with no regard towards respect for another's views, background, training or turf. So they get the responses and treatment that they have earned and deserve.

They can be "Masters"... or whatever else they want to be (in their little ponds), but don't try and shove it down MY throat or the throat of my students or friends.

I don't worry about them though..... they will always have fun talking to and entertaining themselves. :ultracool

:asian:

Latest Discussions