Why the opening action??

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
You two are talking about two different people I think.
MD is inquiring about LFJ
Juany is talking about KPM
I don't know why he would assume I was talking about kpm when his name hasn't come up. If that's the case he wasn't following the conversation very well.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
You two are talking about two different people I think.
MD is inquiring about LFJ
Juany is talking about KPM
Oh if I misunderstood, my bad because indeed I am speaking of KPM and since his videos have been shown more than a few times around here I was confused

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, the arms don't cross. It's like a lapel grab and pull back /sink to stance. Once in stance it's the cross arms down/up to attain center.(although there are also a few practical applications for this besides getting center too)
@T_Ray

I see you hit the 'disagree' button without leaving any sort of follow up.

What precisely are you disagreeing with here?

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
LOL. Being condencending and clueless at the same time isn't a flattering combination.

LFJ has never shown himself or his school in the entirety of his tenure here.

Im confused why he would need to show himself?? Hes showed videos of the wing chun he does. Should be enough for anyone?

T_Ray

White Belt
Reaction score
@T_Ray

I see you hit the 'disagree' button without leaving any sort of follow up.

What precisely are you disagreeing with here?
For various reasons I tend to keep my involvement on this forum to a minimum... usually to "agree" or "disagree", "like" or "dislike"....But to clarify a little, I will add that I disagree that those opening movements are in the form in order to "attain centre" (whatever that means exactly?), or that they have specific applications.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe not in the WC you were taught.

Cross arms down then up, separate and bring back.

The cross is on centerline, training the body to feel where it is. One application is if someone grabs the wrists low. Cross and bring it up to break the grip.

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Im confused why he would need to show himself??
He doesn't. Likewise, no one else on here needs to post videos of themselves in order to share opinions or discuss the concepts of the system either.

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
He doesn't. Likewise, no one else on here needs to post videos of themselves in order to share opinions or discuss the concepts of the system either.

Agree. This dude tells me in PM he post video here in mid 1990s and that it was deleted (no *** sherlok). But he posted one so seems all ok to him.

But he still demands a video of this LFJ guy asap, demanding in unfriendly way.

He sounds crazy man!

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agree. This dude tells me in PM he post video here in mid 1990s and that it was deleted (no *** sherlok). But he posted one so seems all ok to him.

But he still demands a video of this LFJ guy asap, demanding in unfriendly way.

He sounds crazy man!

Ya.. I responded to your pm.

1. Today at 9:53 AM

karatejjOrange Belt
    Hi, would love to see you're form if you can send a link?

Thanks
    kjj

KARATEJJ, TODAY AT 9:53 AMREPORT
  2. Today at 9:58 AM

Martial DPurple Belt
    The video has been deleted.

Basically, I trained WC for 4 years in the mid 90s, but back then, before the internet, the idea of lineage never crossed my mind. So I posted a video of me doing SLT so the experts here could see it and tell me what lineage it was. Turns out it was an IP man variation probably from the Fred Wong school, although it's not identical.

MARTIAL D, TODAY AT 9:58 AMREPORT
  3. Today at 10:39 AM

karatejjOrange Belt
    I thought you said you had it too send?

KARATEJJ, TODAY AT 10:39 AMREPORT
  4. Today at 10:48 AM

Martial DPurple Belt
    I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

MARTIAL D, TODAY AT 10:48 AMREPORT
  5. 34 minutes ago

karatejjOrange Belt
    1. Im not sure there was martial talk in mid 90s

2. mid 90s is lot longer than a few months, ur changin you're story?? Seems odd

3. you said u would send me the long version, assumed this was long version of the video, not long version of unlikely story, lol

KARATEJJ, 34 MINUTES AGOREPORT
  6. 32 minutes ago

karatejjOrange Belt
    so you are sayin that you post a video in mid 1990s (20+ years ago, lol) on martial talk, and that it isn't around any more. You didn't keep any copy, and sounds like u not longer training wing chun, but you like talk about it a LOT?

You think LFJ is a bad guy because he has not post video of himself when u demand it, lol

What is ur problem with LFJ again? U sound crazy man!

KARATEJJ, 32 MINUTES AGOREPORT
  7. 7 minutes ago

Martial DPurple Belt
    LOL

It's becoming evident you have trouble reading.

Have a nice day

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
so you keeps video from 1990s to post here on MT

Then it gets deleted from MT for mystery reason (you havent bin here long, maybe mods would tell us why it happened?)

and mean while you have deleted original video that you keep since 1990s, while demanding videos of other people (why??) and get insulting when they not provide it.

You still sound crazy man!!

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
post your video. host it somewhere and post it. Or stop demanding other people provide videos to you

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score

Agree. This 4 year 90s wing chun trainee "Martial D" seem to have chased away a very knowledge guy with lots to share by hounding him for videos and being rude.

Great job man. Well done

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Maybe not in the WC you were taught.

Cross arms down then up, separate and bring back.

The cross is on centerline, training the body to feel where it is. One application is if someone grabs the wrists low. Cross and bring it up to break the grip.

Now you say the opposite what you said before

Martial D said:
No, the arms don't cross

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
Take a deep breath. Get some sleep. Life will feel a lot better tomorrow.

No need to get worked up on a forum, no matter how angry we get forums will just continue to slap us anyways. Better to smile and take those slaps like we are the boss.

Reactions: KPM

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score

I agree! However, anyone that consistently tells others that there wing Chun is broken or wrong, and that is very critical of others when they post video, and yet are never willing to post video of themselves....IMHO, these people lose some credibility and respect for what they might have to say. If you are going to "talk the talk" on a forum, you better be willing to "walk the talk" as well! Which one a forum means sharing video of yourself showing that you actually do wing chun!

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
I agree! However, anyone that consistently tells others that there wing Chun is broken or wrong, and that is very critical of others when they post video, and yet are never willing to post video of themselves....IMHO, these people lose some credibility and respect for what they might have to say. If you are going to "talk the talk" on a forum, you better be willing to "walk the talk" as well! Which one a forum means sharing video of yourself showing that you actually do wing chun!

I'm not sure about this dude. It is great you have video showing you're wing chun boxing and I learn a lot! But I also learn a lot about different way from reading described by LFJ.

Why do anyone need lose credibility not posting video?

So you guys disagree about best way for wing chun. Big deal, who cares? Looks stupid too keep argue about it!!

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this dude. It is great you have video showing you're wing chun boxing and I learn a lot! But I also learn a lot about different way from reading described by LFJ.

Why do anyone need lose credibility not posting video?

So you guys disagree about best way for wing chun. Big deal, who cares? Looks stupid too keep argue about it!!

No it looks stupid to comment about things you no nothing about. You don't know LFJ's track record here and how he has behaved in the past. That is, unless you do and you are simply back to troll us all again with another fake identity!

Latest Discussions