Why the opening action??

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am having difficulty understanding the big argument on this forum and all the hate. Sifu KPM is teaching me a lot with his wing chun boxing channel- I just love those lessons because boxing is where I started and where I still am best if I am honest.

But then LFJ wing chun is seen in video not looking same as everyone else wing chun. Why is this difference? I don't understand it because I am learn from both guys.

I heard interesting comment from LFJ on the forum about his view of the opening action of first form SLT?? Well I thought this might be good way to resolve the difference in views we have here, and to come to an agreement about the system we share?

Why is it you do the first action of SLT? What does it mean to you're system of WC???

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
The thing is, you haven't seen LFJ's Ving Tsun because he doesn't dare to show it or he's shy. One or the other anyways, we haven't seen his ubersupreme Ving Tsun.

Thought he post some videos? I seen a few anyway. Looked different to wing chun I do, no close range for starters!!

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am having difficulty understanding the big argument on this forum and all the hate. Sifu KPM is teaching me a lot with his wing chun boxing channel- I just love those lessons because boxing is where I started and where I still am best if I am honest.

But then LFJ wing chun is seen in video not looking same as everyone else wing chun. Why is this difference? I don't understand it because I am learn from both guys.

I heard interesting comment from LFJ on the forum about his view of the opening action of first form SLT?? Well I thought this might be good way to resolve the difference in views we have here, and to come to an agreement about the system we share?

Why is it you do the first action of SLT? What does it mean to you're system of WC???

In the WC I was taught the first action is a double grab/pull back fists as feet go from together to neutral stance.

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
In the WC I was taught the first action is a double grab/pull back fists as feet go from together to neutral stance.

Cool interpretation man, I like it! So you are getting a kind of front cross choke hold with this move??

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool interpretation man, I like it! So you are getting a kind of front cross choke hold with this move??
No, the arms don't cross. It's like a lapel grab and pull back /sink to stance. Once in stance it's the cross arms down/up to attain center.(although there are also a few practical applications for this besides getting center too)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
There has been some videos posted man, have a look back though the old threads! I can't find a link now, sorry.
No, he has posted videos of other guys he says do something similar. Never him or those he trains with.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
The first actions are about:
Clearing the mind, relaxing the body, pushing the elbows forward while keeping the arms and hands relaxed. Opening the stance, hip structure, training elbow position, defining the centerline, defining the 6 major gates, pushing & pulling with the elbow...and a lot more.

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
No, he has posted videos of other guys he says do something similar. Never him or those he trains with.

Don't see why it needs to be him? As long as it is what he does, then complaining is just hating IMO!

I have not post pictures on me training. Have you post pictures of yourself?

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
No, the arms don't cross. It's like a lapel grab and pull back /sink to stance. Once in stance it's the cross arms down/up to attain center.(although there are also a few practical applications for this besides getting center too)

Sounds not like wing chun I know. Do you have video or pics to show what you mean (does not need to be of you!!)

OP
K

karatejj

Green Belt
Reaction score
The first actions are about:
Clearing the mind, relaxing the body, pushing the elbows forward while keeping the arms and hands relaxed. Opening the stance, hip structure, training elbow position, defining the centerline, defining the 6 major gates, pushing & pulling with the elbow...and a lot more.

Wow dude, sounds complex and deep stuff! I don't have so much technique stuff in my wing chun.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds not like wing chun I know. Do you have video or pics to show what you mean (does not need to be of you!!)
It's kind of a long story. I did show a video of my slt some months ago, but it's gone now.

PM if you want the long version.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
He hasn't. It's phantom WC.

But it's Uber effective!
Actually over time he has posted a number of tutorials of Weng Chun Kuen, Tang Yik Dummy, and pole work etc. If you watch the videos most recently referenced you can actually rather easily logic out how to find the videos.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually over time he has posted a number of tutorials of Weng Chun Kuen, Tang Yik Dummy, and pole work etc. If you watch the videos most recently referenced you can actually rather easily logic out how to find the videos.
Ok, links.

I've asked him for videos of himself or his school lots of times, I'm pretty sure there aren't any.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, links.

I've asked him for videos of himself or his school lots of times, I'm pretty sure there aren't any.

I am not going to be your research assistant any longer since when videos are posted you figure out a way to dismiss them anywho but I will give you a hint (which tbh I am surprised I have to give because it seems quite simple really). If you watch the videos we have immediate access to you will hear a name. Then you just go to this thing on Youtube we call a "search" bar. You then enter that name with the name "wing chun". After that magic happens and more videos appear.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score

You two are talking about two different people I think.
MD is inquiring about LFJ
Juany is talking about KPM

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL. Being condencending and clueless at the same time isn't a flattering combination.

LFJ has never shown himself or his school in the entirety of his tenure here.

Latest Discussions