Why I hate Hollywood

Yet with all the celebrity supporting the left, the few of them supporting the right and the vast sums of money spent by both sides to get their message to the people ... there are still relatively few citizens who exercise their right to vote.

Here is a link to a university research project on voting statistics. If you can decipher the census bureau data, here's that too.

In short, the only states who had at least half of the VEP (Voting Eligible Public) turn out for the 2006 election:

Alaska
Michigan
Minnesota (The highest with 61.3%)
Missouri
Montana
Oregon
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Vermont
Wisconsin
Wyoming

The lowest VEP percentage is the District of Columbia at 28.7%.

So 43.7% of the VEP voted in 2006. Why not the rest? With all the hero-worship and celebrity influence, why can't we get more people to vote?

Less than half the people in the nation are influenced by what they see and hear to get out and vote.

Personally, I think if you haven't been poor, you can't value the plight of the poor. If you've never been famous, you can't pity the famous. If you've never been unwed and pregnant, you can't understand all that this means. If you've never been in charge of people and had to make crucial business decisions, you can't truly value the plight of business. If you never study the Great Depression and how social security and welfare turned our nation around, then you'll never be supportive of SS and Welfare.

One must dig and learn for themselves, plain and simple. However - many people do walk this earth glued to their cel phones, laptops, blackberries, etcetera ... living in their own virtual universe and not aware of their individual significance as part of the whole.

So no matter who is screaming what - half of us feel left out.
Hmmm... California is not on the list? What does that say for the Hollywood influence? They (Hollywood celebrities) don't seem to have much influence in their own state.

Ill believe that celebs opinions dont mean anything when I can get on a TV show and spout my BS whenever I want. Then have that be "news" for the following weeks and have every BB on the net buzzing about my opinion on say gun control.

You know to a celeb even bag media attention is good. what ever keeps them in the public eye.
By the way what are the little gold orbs under the banners on peoples profiles.

I'm posting this ONLY as evidence that there is more diversity of thought in Hollywood than you usually hear about in the media. Hollywood as a whole is not a useful grouping for making assertions. As always, Your Mileage May Vary with regard to the content.

Ron Silver: How to Get the World to Like Us

I'm posting this ONLY as evidence that there is more diversity of thought in Hollywood than you usually hear about in the media. Hollywood as a whole is not a useful grouping for making assertions. As always, Your Mileage May Vary with regard to the content.

Ron Silver: How to Get the World to Like Us

Thats F-in great! Why is it that guys like him are not out on the talk shows or making speeches? (I know why, im just being sarcastic).

Once again Tom Cruiz and Hollywood make Lions to lambs, another antiAmerican film. Trashing the country that made him rich.

Once again Tom Cruiz and Hollywood make Lions to lambs, another antiAmerican film. Trashing the country that made him rich.
Have you seen the film?

Latest Discussions

Back