Why I hate Hollywood

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You know why the whole world hates America
Every A list actor has gone over seas in europe and asia, trashing the country that has made them rich and famous. For the last seven years.
People like Tom Cruiz, who said while speaking to a group in Toronto, "I felt safer just crossing the American Canadian border. I fear raising my Children in America".
Then they come back apologise, say they were miss understood.
People like George Cloonie, Sean Penn make antimilitary anti america movies.
If you do the research very few of the A list actors have much education. Tom Cruiz, Sean Penn, Marlon Brando, George Harrison and scores of other actors are high school drop outs. This came to light when democrats started calling Goerge Bush stupid (certainly can't tell by his speaking) When actually he had a higher GPA at Yale than Al Gore and John Kerry.
Any way most the A list actors do not have college degrees.

They are simple people of priveledge persuing and agenda.

Uh ... is this even a serious post?

In the first place, George Harrison is NOT an American - the Queen would be upset to hear his lineage construed to be so, I'm sure. Furthermore, Harrison was not really an actor per se, he was a musician - an excellent musician at that; a legend. One of the most spiritual contemporary artists of his time, he flew in the face of a time denouncing religion and soared to the top of the charts with "My Sweet Lord." A rare kind of artist, I think. He did not finish at the Liverpool Academy, yet many people of his era did not finish high school in favor of trades work and internship and did QUITE WELL.

Marlon Brando, one of the most famous, admired, inspiring actors of his time argued for and won his right to return to the military academy he attended but would not grace them with his presence again in his final year. And yet - he inspired so many to entertain.

Sean Penn attended from Santa Monica High School - can't find the record as to whether he graduated or not, but it's insinuated he did ... along with Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, etcetera.

And let's talk about Mr. Tom Cruise. He graduated from Glen Ridge High and attended a Franciscan Seminary school for a while. He is well-known to have an involved case of dyslexia - something it has been argued your President GWB has.

I find it interesting you blame the world's dislike of America (strange theory because people are still swarming to us) on a handful of entertainers claiming they are all high school dropouts.

Let's look at some accomplished famous people not in the entertainment business who did not complete high school, shall we?
H.G. Wells.......best-selling British author (dropped out to help family earn income; later returned and went on to college)

Jim Clark........self-made billionaire American businessman; founder of "Netscape"; first Internet billionaire (17, U.S. Navy)

Jimmy Dean..........singer-songwriter-actor; self-made multimillionaire American businessman; founder of the "Jimmy Dean Foods" brand sausage business (16, U.S. Merchant Marines; 18, U.S. Air Force)

Andrew Jackson......7th U.S. President; face is pictured on the U.S. twenty dollar bill (13, U.S. Continental Army; orphaned at 14; little formal education; home schooling/life experience; studied law in his late teens and became a lawyer)

Walter L. Smith.....former president of Florida A&M University (equivalency diploma, at age 23)

Daniel Gilbert......Harvard University psychology professor (equivalency diploma)

Patrick Henry
.......American Revolutionary War era politician; Virginia's first governor; famous quote: "Give me liberty, or give me death!" (little formal education; home schooling/life experience; later studied on his own and earned a law degree)

Philip Emeagwali....supercomputer scientist; one of the pioneers of the Internet (high-IQ high-school dropout; left school in native Nigeria due to war conditions and lack of tuition money; continued to study on his own and earned an equivalency diploma; later won a scholarship to Oregon College of Education in the United States; transferred after one year to Oregon State University)

Anton van Leeuwenhoek....Dutch microscope maker; world's first microbiologist; discoverer of bacteria, blood cells, and sperm cells)

You can find more here.

I also found a list on LawBlog of Presidents, candidates and others who never finished law school, if that matters to you.

President Lyndon Johnson
President William McKinley
President Franklin Roosevelt
President Theodore Roosevelt
President Harry Truman
President Woodrow Wilson
Almost-President Al Gore (sic)
Donald Rumsfeld

I think there may be other reasons why the world hates America if, indeed, they do.

Good luck to ya.

In the first place, George Harrison is NOT an American - the Queen would be upset to hear his lineage construed to be so, I'm sure. Furthermore, Harrison was not really an actor per se, he was a musician - an excellent musician at that; a legend. One of the most spiritual contemporary artists of his time, he flew in the face of a time denouncing religion and soared to the top of the charts with "My Sweet Lord." A rare kind of artist, I think. He did not finish at the Liverpool Academy, yet many people of his era did not finish high school in favor of trades work and internship and did QUITE WELL.

Marlon Brando, one of the most famous, admired, inspiring actors of his time argued for and won his right to return to the military academy he attended but would not grace them with his presence again in his final year. And yet - he inspired so many to entertain.

Sean Penn attended from Santa Monica High School - can't find the record as to whether he graduated or not, but it's insinuated he did ... along with Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, etcetera.

And let's talk about Mr. Tom Cruise. He graduated from Glen Ridge High and attended a Franciscan Seminary school for a while. He is well-known to have an involved case of dyslexia - something it has been argued your President GWB has.

I find it interesting you blame the world's dislike of America (strange theory because people are still swarming to us) on a handful of entertainers claiming they are all high school dropouts.

Let's look at some accomplished famous people not in the entertainment business who did not complete high school, shall we?
[/size]

You can find more here.

I also found a list on LawBlog of Presidents, candidates and others who never finished law school, if that matters to you.

I think there may be other reasons why the world hates America if, indeed, they do.

Good luck to ya.
Yeah! What she said! And btw... I make my living in the industry you despise. So I kinda, sorta take offense to this thread. But maybe I'm just not educated enough to know better.

You know why the whole world hates America
Every A list actor has gone over seas in europe and asia, trashing the country that has made them rich and famous. For the last seven years.

You're absolutely right. Here in Canada we absolutely hate Americans because Tom Cruise came out and explained it all to us. In Canada Tom Cruise is a well respected leader and diplomat, not the crazy couch jumping cult member you Americans like to make him out to be.

no wait... I think I have something backwards...

You're absolutely right. Here in Canada we absolutely hate Americans because Tom Cruise came out and explained it all to us. In Canada Tom Cruise is a well respected leader and diplomat, not the crazy couch jumping cult member you Americans like to make him out to be.

no wait... I think I have something backwards...

You people absolutely slay me! No more drinking soda pop while reading this board. No more. It makes the keyboard sticky when it spews forth!!!

Perhaps the original poster should have named the thread "why I hate actors". Even then he would be forgetting all of those actors that have put their hart into making films that portrayed the better side of America and the American way of life.
We should remember that what is said in the press and broadcast over the television is often taken out of context and can be misinterpreted if we do not hear all of what was being said.
Yes there are actors who get quoted because they speak out for or against any world or national event or cause but they expect to be quoted and sometimes quoted out of context and they love it because it keeps their face and name at the top of the list.
Being against a national policy is not a bad thing unless the person your talking to is a fanatic for that cause.

It would be amusing if it weren't so horrible.

The lunatic Right has divided the world into two very distinct groups of people. There are 100% True Americans. 100% True Americans support everything the Party wants. They believe everything the Official Propaganda Arm says.

And there are traitors. Anyone who opposes anything that the Party wants is a Commie Terrorist Traitor Who Hates America. Don't like the President? You hate America. Don't like the Party's policies? You hate America. Despise the War on Science? Hate America. Oppose endless Imperial wars? Hate America. Democrat? Hate America. Queer? Hate America. Muslim? Hate America. I half expect to hear Bill "rub you with falafel" O'Reilly shouting "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

I submit that this sort of poisonous rhetoric and jihad against anyone who isn't a True Believer is the real threat to this country. It's destructive to democracy. It makes a mockery of the Founders' ideals. It has more in common with Stalin or Hitler or Pol Pot than anything you could call America.

I hate the cult of celebrity that tells some of these yahoo actors that their opinion, on any and everything, matters, even if they wouldn't know the subject matter from a plate of scrambled eggs.

I don't care what Tom Cruise thinks of the President (whoever he or she may be). I could care less what Angelina Jolie thinks of the health care system. I'll listen to Ben Stein... but that's because I know his history BEFORE he became an actor/game show host. (Interestingly enough -- he doesn't seem to say much compared to some of these others. As Arsenio Hall might say... h'mmm.)

I don't care what athletes think of politics or business. I don't care what actors think of athletes or medicine. I try to read enough different knews sources to obtain a reasonably balanced view of events, and I decide for myself. Novel idea, huh?

[/size]

You can find more here.

Good luck to ya.
why don't you make a list of repeat rehab graduates, Drug abusing, Actors and singers that have no respect for the law. Or moral integrity. Oh man that doesn't leave out many. No were not talking about lawyers.

The lunatic Right has divided the world into two very distinct groups of people. There are 100% True Americans. 100% True Americans support everything the Party wants. They believe everything the Official Propaganda Arm says.

And there are traitors. Anyone who opposes anything that the Party wants is a Commie Terrorist Traitor Who Hates America. Don't like the President? You hate America. Don't like the Party's policies? You hate America. Despise the War on Science? Hate America. Oppose endless Imperial wars? Hate America. Democrat? Hate America. Queer? Hate America. Muslim? Hate America. I half expect to hear Bill "rub you with falafel" O'Reilly shouting "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

I submit that this sort of poisonous rhetoric and jihad against anyone who isn't a True Believer is the real threat to this country. It's destructive to democracy. It makes a mockery of the Founders' ideals. It has more in common with Stalin or Hitler or Pol Pot than anything you could call America.
Yea those leaders also lopped off heads, killed millions of children and innocent people. They to were the celebrities of there time, they would be part of the looney left.

LOL! The amusement continues. Now the world is divided into 'the lunatic Right' and the rest of us normal people!

Thanks for the laugh and continuing the spirit of the OP.

I hate the cult of celebrity that tells some of these yahoo actors that their opinion, on any and everything, matters, even if they wouldn't know the subject matter from a plate of scrambled eggs.

I don't care what Tom Cruise thinks of the President (whoever he or she may be). I could care less what Angelina Jolie thinks of the health care system. I'll listen to Ben Stein... but that's because I know his history BEFORE he became an actor/game show host. (Interestingly enough -- he doesn't seem to say much compared to some of these others. As Arsenio Hall might say... h'mmm.)

I don't care what athletes think of politics or business. I don't care what actors think of athletes or medicine. I try to read enough different knews sources to obtain a reasonably balanced view of events, and I decide for myself. Novel idea, huh?
I think this could be said of any person with an occupation outside of politics. Who cares what the political views are of a plumber or welder or teacher or police officer? It all comes down to whether they did their homework on the politcal subject matter. The problem is celebrities are in the limelight and could influence the average Joe Blow who put them on a higher pedestal.

ATTENTION ALL USERS

Thread moved to The Study. Please review posting rules and keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Pamela Piszczek
MT Super Moderator

All of my heros are gone...they've either all died or turned out to be just human.

Unfortunately, the tune of "My Sweet Lord" one of my favorite songs turned out to be unconsiously plagerized. Harrison was on a talk show not too long before he passed, I was impressed by how he handled it all.[/quote]

The lunatic Right has divided the world

OMFG. Yeah we are divided alright... EVERYTHING has to come down to "left" and "right"

*rolls eyes*

The issue, as far as I am concerned with Hollywood in general, is the Liberal Nutbags (and I mean the uber-liberal nonsense spewing freaks, not the average democrat or liberal) have the time and money to get on TV and spout off a bunch of "we hate america too" crap to the rest of the world... in the same way that the Uberconservative closed minded freaks (and by that I mean people who's minds you couldnt change with a bonesaw and a spare brain, not your average republican or conservative) out there do with their "how dare you hate america". The only thing is it seems that California, being, well, California, tends to produce more of the former than the latter, and then we see em telling the world how horrible a place the US is and running away, instead of working to make it a better place.

Then, indeed, you have to admit the hypocracy in some of these actors who spout out about crime and gun control, but then make films glorifying criminals, or where they are secret agents killing and blowing things up... doesn't speak well for their cause other than "I want my cake and to scream at the baker who made my cake"

But thats just my .2 cents.

Two questions:

1) Who are these Americans who hate the United States?

2) Why the **** do they still live here?

ok, one more question - since Shesulsa fully addressed the OP in the second post and tellner already Godwined this thing like 10 posts ago, why hasn't it drifted off into a discussion of whether any goodwill Harrison garnered with "My Sweet Lord" still exists post-"I Got My Mind Set On You"? :rofl:

Why I hate Hollywood

I can’t understand a thing they say and I swear some of those movies are direct remakes of ones I have seen before… And so what if Richard Gere kissed a woman in public… come on lighten up... oh wait… That’s Bollywood…. never mind….

Latest Discussions

Back