Why don't more Schools have Weekend Classes?

OP
G

goldwarrior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you had the Saturday or Sunday classes from 1pm-7pm, that would be a much better timeframe. (It's true it is nice to sleep in on the weekends.) Even if I had to pay more for a weekend class, I probably would do it. It would just be a convenience thing.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always had regular monthly intensive classes on Saturday's or Sunday's. Plus I teach private lessons on the weekends. I cannot imagine not doing some teaching on the weekends though private and semi private lessons are great because you have flexibility in scheduling!

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The last actual bricks-and-mortar martial arts school I belonged to had Saturday classes. (And was located just outside of Baltimore, by the way.) And the more informal clubs I've belonged to in the time since also met on Saturdays. I'm actually extremely surprised to here that other schools don't. Most of the schools I've seen in Maryland and Virginia do Saturday hours.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always had regular monthly intensive classes on Saturday's or Sunday's. Plus I teach private lessons on the weekends. I cannot imagine not doing some teaching on the weekends though private and semi private lessons are great because you have flexibility in scheduling!
We do something similar. Once a month or so, we try to hold a clinic or seminar or do some more intensive training on something on Saturdays. Various training camps or seminars are also on the weekends throughout the year, and of course there are tournaments and other events on Saturdays...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The main reason I picked my school is because they have classes at all different hours. Due to my job I cant attend class in the evenings. So they have daytime weekday classes only 2 or 3 show up for that and they have sat classes. Its not far from Baltimore if your stil looking for a place.

Latest Discussions