Krav Maga class

MuayJitsu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So I went to a Krav maga class last night as my usual Muay Thai class got cancelled due to the school hall it’s run out of was being used for something else. so I wanted to train still so I went to a Krav club. I know Krav is one of those controversial styles where some say it’s amazing some say it’s terrible. The class I went to was a more basics class and it was good fun wasnt as physically intense as Muay Thai but still a decent workout learned some good stuff did some stress drills and multiple attacker stuff which was fun. The club also has a sparring night and a ground fighting weekend session overall good fun good workout can definitely see the stuff taught being useful for self defence (which is what Krav is for) and if I ever have a free night I’ll definitely go again

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think much of the negative feelings re: krav maga stem from trying to change it somewhat from what it was intended to be for commercial reasons, i.e.: expanding curriculum and adding in other arts, exercise and sport elements... Originally it had a very narrow scope. Depending on who is doing the modification, not to mention their actual skill in real krav maga, the final hybrid result may be less than satisfactory for some.

Latest Discussions