Who do you think WILL win the upcoming election?

Who do you think -WILL- win the upcoming election?

• Barack Obama / Joe Biden

• Mitt Romney / Paul Ryan

• Gary Johnson / Jim Gray

• Jill Stein / Cheri Honkala

• Other (Please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well....that's how the sitting POTUS got his job. :/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That and some of his ideas about how to run the country, not to mention the ineptitude of the Bush administration and the slightly better, but not good McCain campaign.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I campaigned for Mr. Romney when he ran for Governor of Mass. I was invited to his inaugural ball, and don't think I've ever seen the man squirm so much he did when Conductor Keith Lockhart handed him his baton and asked him to conduct the Boston Pops playing the "Stars and Stripes Forever" :lol:

Romney's 2002 Gubernatorial campaign was brilliant. His positive ads were inspiring. His negative ads were incisive and largely non-partisan. His debates were lively. He ended his final debate witha specific appeal to the independent voters of Mass, saying something like "I'm going to be your voice. I don't owe anything to the lobbyists, or the insiders, or the special interests. I have private sector experience creating jobs." It was a message that resonated with a lot of people.

The Gov. Romney that I am seeing today is not the same person. His speech is tightly compressed and constructed, more rhetoric than persuasion. I'm not saying that's a failing of the man -- I think it speaks more about the political climate of the day. His message is polished, but I do not think it is as endearing. I'm not seeing the person with bold ideas, I'm seeing a person molded to what the RNC wants you to see. That may be a necessary thing to participate in such a campaign? But I don't know if it will be a successful thing.

Some pundits said after the debate that this was a chance to get to know him a bit better, that they did not know Mitt very well. But the people that know him best seem a bit nonplussed. It may not be a surprise that he is not going to win his home state of Massachusetts, but he is also is not going to win his other home state of New Hampshire. He spends a good deal of time in Wolfeboro, where he owns a gorgeous 13 acre spread on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Given our state senate and house of representatives are majority Republican, both our U.S. Representatives, and our junior senator are Republican, I think we've shown very clearly that Republican voices are welcome here.

Yet President Obama has a huge lead on him in New Hampshire, nearly as large as his lead in Massachusetts.

I'm not yet hearing much from Gov. Romney that is swaying the people who are deciding this election: the independent voters from battleground states.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think what bothers me most about Mr Romney is his changing positions on just about everything. I truly do not know if the man is a moderate Republican or owned by the far right of the Republican party. He'll say one thing one day, his campaign will say "no, he didn't mean that," then he'll say a third thing on a different day. Combine that with his hesitation in supplying details to do what things he says he'll do, it just leaves me very uneasy. I'd like to have something to compare to Obama's policies. That way I know which one I agree with more, but I can't do that right now with Mr romney because he is too fluid in his beliefs. For me healthcare reform is a big deal. I was pro-Obama because if elected this flawed but really needed "Obamacare' would stay in place. Now Romeny says he would keep many parts of the healthcare reform. However, I don't trust that tomorrow his campaign or he will not change that stance. While both campaigns exagerate, his campaign has been telling some outright lies, so that adds to my distrust.

While I did not vote for John McCain in the last election, I could respect his positions, because most of the time he was consistant. He also did not let race baiting or lies about Obama be part of his campaign. I could look at each man and the issues to know which I agreed with more. In this current campaign, that is not a luxary afforded any voter from either party.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How can you trust Mitt Romney who speaks human language infront of a human, and speak ghost language infront of a ghost?

I used to have many girlfriends at the same time. When I was with one girl, I would say, "I love you more than anything else in this world." When I was with another gril, I would say the samething. I did say that from the bottom of my heart without any guilty feeling. At that particular moment, she was more important to me than everybody else.

Latest Discussions