Which Region of the United States Is Meant for You?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I got northwest and live in the northwest. I think I’m going to retire in the south though. Maybe I’ll go back to Texas.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It said I should live in the northeast, specifically Boston. Go figure.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I got northwest and live in the northwest. I think I’m going to retire in the south though. Maybe I’ll go back to Texas.

Not sure where I am going to retire...at this moment retiring right where I am seems possible. But the only state in the Northwest I would consider is Washington, because they do not tax my state pension.

It said I should live in the northeast, specifically Boston. Go figure.

Well then, what they heck are you doing living in that unbearable tropical paradise....get the heck out of that warm, sunny, oceanside, beach infested hell hole and get back to Boston where you belong....can't beat a Boston winter for fun and excitement.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Spend some quality time in Buffalo during the winter, you may change your mind.

Never!

I lived near Boston for many years, lived south of Buffalo and I live in the Adirondacks.......who would EVER pick Hawaii...that sunny, laid back, relaxing place over any of those snow-magedden winter wonderlands.:D

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

Will you tell your boss and co-workers that "they can go to hell, you are going to Texas"

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mine said Southeast. I live outside of Louisville so I'm close

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
Southeast
You are so polite and so family oriented that it only makes sense that you belong in the Southeast. You'll love the fantastic soul food, and you'll enjoy hot summers full of outdoor activities. Family is everything to you, and your new home in the southeastern part of the United States will suit your values well.

I live in the North...

Of the UK.

Reactions: pdg

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Northeast
You would be perfectly suited to live in the Northeastern part of the United States because you are a very driven person and like to live life in the fast lane. You would love the hustle and bustle of cities like Boston and New York. You would also love being so close to either a museum or a world famous ballpark.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have that quote on my coffee cup. :)

I use to have a coffee cup that had

"Government – If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions"

on it...took it to every meeting, especially the ones with the new IT Group.:)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Northeast
You would be perfectly suited to live in the Northeastern part of the United States because you are a very driven person and like to live life in the fast lane. You would love the hustle and bustle of cities like Boston and New York. You would also love being so close to either a museum or a world famous ballpark.

You'd love the snow, cold, freezing rain, ice, and digging out in the fast lane too :D

the heck with it, come over to the Northeast...we can do Taijiquan in the snow :D

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got the northeast and live in the northeast...but can't wait to leave the northeast
Me too. It said NYC and Boston would be perfect places for me to live. I lived right outside of NYC and spent a lot of time in Boston. I love both cities, but I wouldn’t want to live in either one for several reasons.

Why I love them - there’s no shortage of things to do. Even if you’re broke. Why I hate them - I don’t want to live like a rat packed into a tiny place and pay an astronomical rent/mortgage.

Now why I want to get the hell out of the northeast...
The weather/climate. Winter’s way too cold. The snow sucks. The summer’s way too hot. Humidity sucks. I freeze my butt off in the winter and sweat my nuts off in the summer. 3 moths of good weather out of 12 isn’t what I’d consider alluring.

I’m a teacher and I hate snow days. It’s way more work for me than just going to work. And I wouldn’t complain if I never had to shovel my car out or scrape ice off again.

I want to wake up every morning to sunshine and a nice breeze. 80 and sunny with no noticeable humidity. Every single day. I want to comfortably wear a pair of shorts and a t-shirt all day every day. I don’t want to down 3 gallons of water every day and still feel dehydrated because I sweat out 4 gallons.

Where’s my utopia? Southern California. My brothers lived there for several years. It fits most of my criteria. Sure it’s expensive, but id save on winter clothes and aggravation. If the sky was never grey and I never froze my balls off again, I wouldn’t have much to complain about. And on days that really suck, I’d just go to the beach and forget about it all.

Traffic, earthquakes and wildfires are better than the sh!t I deal with here. I’d gladly take that trade off. That’s what insurance is for.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Spend some quality time in Buffalo during the winter, you may change your mind.

I always loved Buffalo......but not in the winter. No, no, noooooooo!

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I always loved Buffalo......but not in the winter. No, no, noooooooo!
I lived in Niagara Falls for 2 years while in grad school. Except for the buffalo wings and the reservation where I’d get gas and smokes (when I smoked) for dirt cheap, I hated everything about it. The people were nice though. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’d imagine Hawaii would be my utopia, but I’ve never been there, so I can’t say for certain. Until I go, Newport Beach/Huntington Beach is where I’d live if I could go anywhere in the US without family guilt. My girls need to know their family beyond those people that visit us and we visit a few times a year.

My plan was So Cal after I got my master’s. I even applied to a few places there for grad school. Then I met the love of my life which changed my plans a bit. Then the little loves of my life sealed my upstate NY fate.

I guess there’s always retirement. But there’ll be grandkids probably. Damned family. Why do I have to love them so much?

Latest Discussions